iPhone 6 Bluetooth connection - please wait

Smokemeakipper

Aug 9, 2016
Bedfordshire
I'm now a proud owner of a 2008 Leaon FR TFSI very happy with it, the only issue i am having is connecting my iPhone 6 to the Bluetooth,

1. I can see 'SEAT_UHV' on my phone
2. I enter the pin 1234
3. I get a *BONG* from the car and at the same time the infotainment screen says 'Phone'
4. the cluster display then says "Phone - Please Wait"
5. It then says 'please wait' for a long time I believe it then times out and i get a second *Bong* with phone on the infotainment again and the phone says disconnected.

I assumed it was taking a long time to read my contacts so i did a test and deleted ALL of my contacts and still the same process as above.

I have done google searches and have come up with numerous articles on Apple's Bluetooth protocol being problematic etc but nothing has shown a fix for it. is this a known issue on VAG group cars and is there a fix? I also did a search on the forum and didn't see anything that would help if i missed a common topic or FAQ please link me thanks.

Last edited:

Smokemeakipper

Aug 9, 2016
Bedfordshire
when you first paired yours did you simply put in the pin and that was it? I don't suppose you remember if you got 'please wait' come up when you first connected?

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
When mine connects daily it will say 'please wait' for like 10 seconds then go off.

Have you tried to make a phone call when it says it's connected using the handset?

Euan1P

Mar 8, 2016
Edinburgh
when you first paired yours did you simply put in the pin and that was it? I don't suppose you remember if you got 'please wait' come up when you first connected?

If I remember rightly it just took a few seconds to connect also mines doesn't say please wait I just get an audible beep

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.