Media System Easy Connect Cable

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
Hey folks,

Does anyone know where I could buy a cheap Easy Connect cable for the Media system? The Mitsumi to Mini USB cable is nearly £25 from official Seat suppliers!

The cable that was supplied with my car is for iPhone/iPod and is useless to me as I don't use apple products! I would like to charge my phones without using the 12v socket and maybe listen to music without Bluetooth as I find it a bit fiddly.

Would swap for a mini USB if somebody is needing iphone cable?

Also would like to know if using the cable displays album artwork from Android?

Many thanks?

:think:

Last edited:

BiggestVern

Aug 16, 2016
Herts
Easy Connect Cable

Can you confirm you need a mini USB to USB cable? If so there are plenty around, can't really go wrong with something from Belkin. Don't buy really cheap, you'll regret it.

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
I don't have USB cable at all. It's just the mitsumi to iPod cable that I have. I've read some older threads that both types of cable were supplied with the car when new but as mine is an ex-demo the cable has disappeared!

I've also seen on other forums that you can play video files with a 'red' collar Audi/VW cable and as the better half has an unused iPod nano kicking around I may try that route, it means installing bloody iTunes etc etc, the very reason I don't do apple!

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
Cheers Mick. I'll order one. The glove box will be a bit messy after connecting mini USB cable to it! Do you know if this method will play music etc through steering wheel controls?

I'm liking the idea of video playback from iPod via the red collar cable as I seen on another thread.

I wonder if the USB android will do similar?

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland
Nice one thanks, I need one of these too as mine also only came with an iPod cable. Been using an SD card for media but it'll be handy to have the USB option.