Mk1 Leon

Danleoncupra

Sep 15, 2016
Hello I just bought a mk1 Leon cupra the guy I bought it off said it was stage two but having problem it holds back and splatters on 4half rpm and is only boost 15 does anyone know what could be the issues

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
No worries buddy. Sorry i can't be more help, but i would just be guessing without fault codes. VCDS is the best thing to scan it with http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/index.html The full version is almost £300 but you can get a cheaper "lite" version too. If you plan on keeping the car for a while then it's well worth getting, even if you just get the "lite" version. Engine light will only come on if the fault is having an impact on emissions... it won't always come on for a fault relating to boost etc

Edit:eek:bvs you can scan with any OBD2 reader as well, but VCDS has way more fault codes.

Last edited:

K1Shane

336bhp 319 lb/ft
Apr 17, 2010
Northfleet
I'll scan codes for you tomorrow dan

To add o the story, the car was sold as having a stage 2 map and a ko4 conversion. However upon inspection, I don't think it's had a turbo swap. My knowledge of the 1.8t isn't the best so it'll need someone who's a lot more experienced to have a look over it

Car boosts strong but around 3500-4000rpm there's a clear hesitation when WOT
Boost guage shows vacuum through most of 1st gear and power feels restrained. When shifting into 2nd boost climbs to around 14-15psi indicated and it's noticeably stronger in the pull

I will post a photo of the engine bay. Intercooler pipe work looks a little homemade regarding its route in the engine bay and the welds used

Engine code is AUQ

diponio24

Aug 29, 2016
The turbo looks a bit like a Ko3s to me could be wrong tho

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

diponio24

Aug 29, 2016
I think the top of the turbo is different search for pics of of both the ko3s has a kind of lip but I don't think the ko4 does
Could be wrong tho

diponio24

Aug 29, 2016
Not lip I mean air inlet at the top of the turbo would be smaller on a ko3s than a ko4

Danleoncupra

Sep 15, 2016
Thank u and I agree lol the car needs a lot of work doing but will get what I want at end of it just went out to look at it and took the coil packs off and there's oil in them also put my hand on back of actuator and a fair bit of oil there too

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.