Gear stick Leather / Gaitor removal!

garyhdrums

Right! There's already a thread on this saying there's clips at 3, 6 and 9 o'clock that you push and pull up to remove the trim holding the leather.

I've tried this and there's only two clips but something else is holding it and there's no clip at 6 o'clock....

Anyone else tried it? Or has my 6 o'clock k clip snapped off from the previous owner!

No pics cus I'm still a newbie :(

Like Gaming? Www.youtube.com/c/thescottishtrooper

Last edited:

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
If I remember right in my old mk2 there were clips towards the back of the gaitor at either side that had to be pushed inwards toward each other. And also the one at the rear which had to be pushed forwards.
I have known people who think the 'tabs' should be pushed the other way and they do break easily.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

GS16LRHP

Feb 17, 2014
You should be able to feel the clips through the gaitor. I used a credit card when I removed mine, pressed the clip then lifted and slid the credit card under the gaitor frame then moved on to the next clip. From memory there are 3 clips, I have my old gaitor and gear knob somewhere, if you need a pic let me know.

garyhdrums

You should be able to feel the clips through the gaitor. I used a credit card when I removed mine, pressed the clip then lifted and slid the credit card under the gaitor frame then moved on to the next clip. From memory there are 3 clips, I have my old gaitor and gear knob somewhere, if you need a pic let me know.
Thanks mate, I tried it earlier and managed to get it off with ease. Need a decent stapler to staple my new leather on then I should be good to go :) will post a picture when it's Complete :)

Like Gaming? Www.youtube.com/c/thescottishtrooper

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise