boot light not working

masterfrodo

Jul 29, 2016
As per title. my boot light doesn't work. Bulb is fine. Multimeter says no current at the plug, but having googled it, fuse 38 controls the boot light, but also the central locking and electric windows. And they work just fine, so can't be the fuse!
Any ideas for me to look at?

masterfrodo

Jul 29, 2016
Don't know the answer to that as I've only had the car just over a month. Think I've only tried the rear wash once in that time, and didn't notice a damp boot. When I took the bulb unit out I found it wasn't plugged in, so not sure if previous owner had an issue with it

4ndy633

Jun 21, 2016
Northern Ireland
With mine the rear washer wash pipe had slipped out a bit caused a bit of water to leak. I had to take the whole black panel off to see what happened and of course the pipe indeed had disconnected itself. So reconnected and washer worked with more pressure. The wiring however suffered from a bit a rust & corrision on the black connector. I clipped the wires off and rejoined them with block connectors etc and indeed the boot light worked and also the boot light on the dash telling you it's not closed, and the automatic lock as well when you close the boot. That's how I fixed mine but see how it goes and it there is any corrision on that black plug it's the control for your boot light and automatic lock alarm etc. Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

masterfrodo

Jul 29, 2016
Sounds like I will have to take a look. I'll test the washer first thing tomorrow. The automatic lock operates even when I have the boot open lol. Its the one thing I don't like on the Cupra. I want to lock it when I want to lock it
The black connector did look perfectly ok, just no current going through

Last edited:

Upia

Nov 30, 2015
Derbyshire
Lock shouldn't operate with the boot open so there's something at play there.

Sent from my Elephone P8000 using Tapatalk

masterfrodo

Jul 29, 2016
Well the washer works fine, and doesn't leak water anywhere. Its as if the sensors don't know the boot is open, as the car autolocks itself with the boot open. However, the central locking opens and locks the boot with the key button. On doors you normally have a pressure sensor to tell the car whether the door is open; is there such a thing for the boot, and if so where is it, as I can't see one - this has to be the fault, and I would have thought there must be one otherwise it wouldn't know to switch the light on when the boot is open

masterfrodo

Jul 29, 2016
No, its not that. I have tested the bulb holder, and thats fine. There is no power at the plug, so the fact that no power is being supplied, combined with the autolock makes me think the sensor is the problem, as the car doesn't realise the boot is actually open

masterfrodo

Jul 29, 2016
I was afraid of that. I looked at the latch and couldn't see any wires, and I don't really want to take the panel off the boot :(

4ndy633

Jun 21, 2016
Northern Ireland
It's not too bad to take off screw in each handle and pull watch the clips tho they are metal and sometimes get stuck in the body vice grip them out put back on the panel latch is easy to put on. There is two wires on it rather it's for the lock or light I'm not sure. Sorry I can't be of help to you bud

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lcrsammy

May 4, 2011
berks
if possible use a trim removal tool or something similar to pry the cover off as close to the clips them selves, when i removed my cover one of the clips was so stubourn it boke and tore a section of the cover itsself away and the clip remained in the boot lid. :censored:

and also my boot light has never worked, and that was before the rear washer jet hose came off, i always assumed the iring had been pinched somewhere down the car, still not got round to sorting it.

hope that makes sense

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
if possible use a trim removal tool or something similar to pry the cover off as close to the clips them selves, when i removed my cover one of the clips was so stubourn it boke and tore a section of the cover itsself away and the clip remained in the boot lid. :censored:

+1...........that panel on the boot is a total bitch. [:@]:censored:[:@]

Last edited:

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
Yeah those clips are a nightmare. So ******* strong!

I need to try again to fix my rear wash wipe but I was scared I was going to break the inside cover.

Doesn't help having to hold the boot up and pull down at the same time, maybe best getting someone to hold boot up and open while you pull cover down.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise