184 fr flywheel question

Jul 13, 2009
Hereford
After having my new fr St for a few months I am looking at getting it remapped any one had an issues with clutch and flywheel after a remap?? Having a 100nm jump in torque must be issue waiting to happen or am I worrying to much??
Cheers

NotApplicable

Newbie....at my age?????
Mar 26, 2016
Somerset
Not had a 184 FR, but both my Mk1 150 FR and Mk3 Cupra needed an uprated clutch after their respective remaps.

It wasn't a severe problem and you could live with it for a while, but at peak torque in a high gear, the clutch would slip annoyingly. Choosing your gear and to modify your right foot action would go a long way to not needing one.

arizla

Dec 7, 2014
Bishop Auckland
After having my new fr St for a few months I am looking at getting it remapped any one had an issues with clutch and flywheel after a remap?? Having a 100nm jump in torque must be issue waiting to happen or am I worrying to much??
Cheers
Hey allbutt55, whats the going price for a remap for 184,
I'm interested in getting it done myself later this year, would like to get some prices.

Blaine

Apr 12, 2012
If the remap is done right you shouldn't have anything to worry about, I've mine done and was told the DMF is very strong on these engines

Jul 13, 2009
Hereford
I can get a super chips map done on the cheap under £200 :) I like the idea of having the bluefin to take it off and on for warranty but I am not paying £400 for one, and I don't like the idea of tuning box

Leon184

Nov 4, 2015
Remap flywheel issues

I got a remap done by a reputable company and have slipping issues in 6th at low revs and high throttle.

Standard I had 200bhp on the dyno and it was remapped to 237bhp with 370lb ft torque. I am going back to get this taken down and hopefully this will sort it out.

rryans11

MK3 Leon Cupra 290
Feb 4, 2012
UK
I got a remap done by a reputable company and have slipping issues in 6th at low revs and high throttle.

Standard I had 200bhp on the dyno and it was remapped to 237bhp with 370lb ft torque. I am going back to get this taken down and hopefully this will sort it out.

Have you many miles on the car?

I'd personally avoid applying heavy throttle usage at low revs in 6th gear, to me that's asking for trouble.

Leon184

Nov 4, 2015
I obviously try and avoid accelerating in 6th at low revs, but even at medium throttle and also in 5th it can vibrate when the torque comes in. I would imagine this is more a faulty DMF rather than the fault of the remap.
There are no other symptoms that I have noticed.