Leon 2016 facelift???

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
I hope we're not going to still be getting standard indicator bulbs rather than LEDs in the rear lights, yes I could do it myself but I'm lazy/incompetent!

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland
I hope we're not going to still be getting standard indicator bulbs rather than LEDs in the rear lights, yes I could do it myself but I'm lazy/incompetent!

I did mine the other day, fairly straightforward and worth the trouble but I agree, utterly ridiculous that the car is almost full LED except for a few rear bulbs.

Lukin

May 31, 2016
Hello, was told today when I was at the dealer in Czech republic that there is a halt on Leon production and my order is postponed to week 46 from 42. Then that the new additions to the face-lift is going to be a electric parking brake and an 8 inch touch screen option. The other interesting thing is the reveal is not going to happen in October but in January because of VW problems with golf or something in those lines.

So, it's safe to assume that models ordered this year will not be facelifted? I actually don't mind, as my only complain about the current version (noise in cabin) doesn't seem to be addressed.

Lukin

May 31, 2016
Tbh I'm very intrigued by the Ibiza suv As it'll be out when I'm due a change :). I can't justify the price or size of the Ateca and I imagine the smaller one will be slightly cheaper to run - just depends on the running gear and specs.

I wait for both the new Ibiza, and Ibiza SUV. Would be nice if it would have a hybrid/electric drivetrain, as I need a small, eco city car.

BTW I found this pictures on AutoBILD (it's from a video, so Google Translate doesn't help):
Y7HWQn.jpg

JKOqD4.jpg

This is lovely looking concept. Anyone knows if that was showed anywhere, or is it just a fan-made graphic?

ukoldschool

Apr 12, 2012
When you say 'lovely', do you really mean, disgusting, ugly, poorly executed, clone of a Hyundai?

Ashworth

Feb 2, 2010
Nottinghamshire
So, it's safe to assume that models ordered this year will not be facelifted? I actually don't mind, as my only complain about the current version (noise in cabin) doesn't seem to be addressed.

That could be good news for me then. I want to change my 3 year old 1.8Tsi FR manual for a 1.8 DSG but don't really want my new car until next spring. Perhaps now I will be able to get a 1.8 DSG if I order around Christmas.

Nick2016

Sep 17, 2016
I wait for both the new Ibiza, and Ibiza SUV. Would be nice if it would have a hybrid/electric drivetrain, as I need a small, eco city car.

Rumour was VW is planning a partial hybrid option for the Golf but the 48v kit is still too expensive for anything smaller/cheaper then the golf.

I'd be surprised if Seat got a hybrid before VW.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
VW have the Golf GTE which has been out since MK7, seen a few on the road.

its electric + petrol

Nick2016

Sep 17, 2016
Isn't the GTE a lot more then the basic Golfs? From what I'd understood the 48V hybrid system VW is building will be similar in price to the current diesel options.

ukoldschool

Apr 12, 2012
Of course it is, its made to satisfy EU Carbon reduction regulations.
Hence manufacturers making a certain percentage of cars that are hybrids reduces their overall quota across the cars they make, they don't really expect to sell any, which is why you don't ever see them on the roads.

Lukin

May 31, 2016
There are also full electric e-Golf and e-up!

Of course I don't really have high hopes for e-Ibiza/e-Arona, as I fully expect Seat and Skoda to be the last in line for an electric update. But, I don't mind being surprised.

Lukin

May 31, 2016
I've visited local dealer yesterday. They told me this is the last week to order a non-facelifted version. Production of a new Leon starts November, the first cars will be available in January. Also, they said that the facelift is rather minor: Ateca-like headlights (turn signals merged with the daylights, not sure about shape) is the biggest change expected. Inside, there should be some new features in the infotainment systems, and that's all.

Sadly, Mrs. Lukin didn't really enjoyed the ride in the backseat of the ST (we're looking for a family car), and although it's definitely the best car for a driver (among the ones we've tested) it's not as good for the passengers as, for example, Mazda.
Too bad Exeo is no more. Though, after driving a Superb, it's maybe better off for Seat, as that chassis seems to have nothing in common with auto emocion. It's only das auto.

ActionScript

Mar 10, 2016
I've visited local dealer yesterday. They told me this is the last week to order a non-facelifted version. Production of a new Leon starts November, the first cars will be available in January. Also, they said that the facelift is rather minor: Ateca-like headlights (turn signals merged with the daylights, not sure about shape) is the biggest change expected. Inside, there should be some new features in the infotainment systems, and that's all.

I've heard the same thing, but only related to the Cupra (didn't ask about other models), which will be Cupra 300 and facelift next year, with no new orders on Cupra's being taken currently.

Also was told the facelift is very minor.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members