missfire

Liam180cupra

Jan 27, 2016
I have replaced all four coilpacks and checked all vac pipes.

I have a missfire on cylinder 4.

I replaced the coils because i was getting issfires on three cylinders before which replacing coils solved my issue although still got the missfire on 4.

My eml light flashes when under boost and missing but not all the time.

Its just been de-catted and is holding boost at 20psi (remap)

Im going to get some good plugs today and fit them and see what happens.

im also having problems with full throttle.

It pulls harder when i dont put my foot to the floor and hold it at aroud 3/4 throttle.

Anyone know what that could be?

cheers in advance

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Hi mate, you need to change the plugs and take it from there. Could just be as simple as that.

Have you scanned it for fault codes?

Liam180cupra

Jan 27, 2016
yeah its coming up with missfire cylinder 4. cant remember the code but thats pretty much all it says

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Ok thats good then, probably just a dodgy plug. I'd change them and see what happens.
You don't need to spend a fortune on fancy platinum/iridium ones either. They don't really offer any performance gain, they just last longer.

Last edited:

Liam180cupra

Jan 27, 2016
Just got under my bonnet.
My dipstick guide wasn't even attached. It had snapped and the old owner and just bodged it back together.
Luckily had a replacement as it had cracked further up anyway.
Driving slot better.
Will read codes again and hope the misfire has gone.
Not sure whether that would cause me any problems

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Having the broken tube can definitely cause a lumpy idle but not known it to cause a actual misfire before.

i'd still change the plugs asap, if the previous owner bodged the dipstick, you'll probably find that the plugs are the wrong type and the gap is miles out etc etc.