Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
Finally managed to get hold of four Asymmetric 3's, apparently there is a shortage of them in the UK. It has taken two weeks for my tyre fitter to source the tyres, he got the last three available in the UK last week but had to have the fourth shipped over from Holland.
I had them fitted today, after much cursing and swearing by the tyre fitter about the OEM Bridgestones. He said he has never come across a tyre with such a stiff sidewall, it took two of them to get them off the rims.
I have only done about twenty miles on the F1's so far but I am already liking them, lets hope they are worth the investment. Can't wait to try them out in the wet, that is where I felt the Bridgestones were not that good. Dare say living in the North East of England, I will not have to wait long for the rain. ........... ;)

DynamicD

Sep 24, 2016
Nice one!
What car you fitted them on? How much per corner if you dont mind me asking?
I have tyres on the hit list when mine appears in December..........
Plus JB4 and pressed number plates :D
Dave

Last edited:

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
Nice one!
What car you fitted them on? How much per corner if you dont mind me asking?
I have tyres on the hit list when mine appears in December..........
Plus JB4 and pressed number plates :D
Dave

I have fitted them to my Cupra 280. The three tyres sourced in the UK were £148 each fitted. the one that came from Holland was £168 fitted due to the extra carriage costs.

So far I am very happy with them, quite expensive but worth it in my opinion :)

DynamicD

Sep 24, 2016
Cool.
Havent picked mine up yet, but i know they are 19's.
I was expecting £120 a corner, so not too much more.
Dave

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I have fitted them to my Cupra 280. The three tyres sourced in the UK were £148 each fitted. the one that came from Holland was £168 fitted due to the extra carriage costs.

So far I am very happy with them, quite expensive but worth it in my opinion :)

Hope the Dutch one is ok on the hills.... :D

page3

Dec 25, 2015
Shows how stock and prices fluctuate depending on when and tyre size.

Last month I put four of these on my wife's A3 (same size wheels as my FR - 17's). In stock at my local tyre place and £82/each.

... on the other hand, you have a Cupra :)

Last edited:

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
:lol:

Iv had these on my Mk2 since January, I'm not that impressed with them,

In what way? On the 280 I changed the oem Bridgestones ( useless) for assy 2's and found them a big improvement. I was planning on fitting the 3's to the current 290 when the Conti's are shot, you are worrying me now.... :(

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
In what way? On the 280 I changed the oem Bridgestones ( useless) for assy 2's and found them a big improvement. I was planning on fitting the 3's to the current 290 when the Conti's are shot, you are worrying me now.... :(

On an every day bus there ok, it's when your pushing on having some fun, the feedback is non existent, the asym 2 where/are highly regarded in bmw circles because there soft sidewalks and help with the m sport ride,

I think the mps4 would be the better shout in that type of tyre, mpss if budget allows

MattW35

Aug 9, 2007
Cambs
Got AS2 on the front of my FR, AS3 on the rear. Happy with both. I think it's co incidence, but I have had punctures in both of the rears since I've had them, but I'm fairly sure it's unlikely to be related to the tyre itself.

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
What's interesting is I've heard nothing but praise for the good year asymmetric 3's on various tyre threads until this specific thread. It seem that once again that people are finding it much easier to complain than to compliment

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
These are the tyres for Cupra 280/290 not cheap, but the best by a country mile.

They are brilliant tyres. If you can afford a cupra you can afford the rubber to get the most out of the car and keep the car on the road properly!

Tyres is one thing you shouldn't be trying to save money on, particularly on a car like this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andycupra

status subject to change
They are brilliant tyres. If you can afford a cupra you can afford the rubber to get the most out of the car and keep the car on the road properly!

Tyres is one thing you shouldn't be trying to save money on, particularly on a car like this!

while i do agree that it doesn't make sense to get a performance car then put tyres on that are not up to the job. (and frankly budgets are dangerous in the wet)
But i can't help thinking that the goodyears are perfect for seat cupra's. they are certainly not budget or cheap, but are great value for the performance - especially compared against michelin and so on.
Some say that people who buy SEATs are not buying a budget car, but are equally not paying for the more expensive brands.... a good balance between value and quality. goodyears anyone?

Last edited:

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
My comment was meaning you should be putting something on like Goodyear eagle f1 assy 2s, pilot sport 3, pilot super sports, continental sportcontact 5 etc. Mid to low range should be avoided.

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
Well, had the Cupra out for a good drive this evening and I couldn't be happier with my decision to fit the F1 Asymmetric 3's!

The grip is way better than the Bridgestones and in my opinion the feel and feedback is excellent. I enjoyed a spirited drive down some country lanes and the tyres inspired confidence and I found myself pushing the Cupra harder than I would normally, just to try and see where the limits are. I didn't find them!

The Michelin's may out perform the F1's, I don't know, I have never tried them out. But in my opinion the F1 Asymmetric 3 suits the Cupra and I would recommend them...... ;)

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Fit them mate, they are fine. You will not be disappointed with them ;)

I did think of fitting one of each , Goodyear, Pirelli, Michelin and Conti then seeing which way I went off the Evo triangle first... ;)
Probably will be Assy 3's tbh,

Last edited:

OU0Cupra

Jul 16, 2010
Chesterfield
Had Asy 3's on the front of my 280 for the past 12k miles. Far far FAR better than the OEM Bridgestones and would definitely recommend them.

Have just swapped them onto the back with about 3mm left with the intention of killing the 2 remaining Bridgestones before changing all 4 at once.

Last edited: