Markymark's Seat Leon Cupra Mk1

Bronzemarkymark

Aug 14, 2016
Hertfordshire
Welcome.......my own little section about my car!

Sorry to say there will be no track car or heavy mods but there will be a few bits done and this will be my little diary of what is going on with her.

Was told by my girlfriend to get a toy, something I could enjoy as there are a few crap things going on at the moment and after a lot searching I came across the Cupra, not initially impressed with the look but what was under the bonnet made it worthwhile.....

A month of searching resulted in a typical car purchase for me. A solid little Mk1 came up, with pretty much a FSH and a very smooth running engine, interior good but the paintwork etc is pretty scuffed up and shabby......typical for me, good engine in a slightly rough looking car.....

So here she is in all her glory, and after my initial impression of looks, she is now really growing on me.....:funk:

3690aab2-da1d-4a5f-836f-1c0406e05b73_zps76h7rigl.jpg

Bronzemarkymark

Aug 14, 2016
Hertfordshire
Nice little run in with a Golf GTI within the first 2 days of having her......he decides the gap was big enough to get through, I didn't and pulled in whilst he continued at 70mph plus......and didn't slow down or stop afterwards...[:@]

20160818_170324_zpst14ps4hg.jpg

20160818_170320_zps1ocuf6rk.jpg

Bronzemarkymark

Aug 14, 2016
Hertfordshire
Kind of karma for racing on the public highway

Or not as the case may be, we were going in opposite directions (so not racing), I pulled over to my side to let him have room (I stopped) he carried on and took off my wing mirror.........and carried on his merry way, leaving me parked in the side of the road fuming.......

Bronzemarkymark

Aug 14, 2016
Hertfordshire
So a bit of a start on the basic's......

Think this car has been left standing for a good few months, full of leaves and cobwebs everywhere......

So gave the engine bay a bit of a clean out whilst checking for any issues and fitting a Ramair Induction kit. Only problem found was the crankcase breather pipe is knackered so replacing that in the next day or two....

Bit of before and after......

20160914_135954_zpswfj3yc6s.jpg

20160921_145436_zpskd7ynjgq.jpg

And finally the Ramair

20160921_150316_zpsnxiymylf.jpg

Bronzemarkymark

Aug 14, 2016
Hertfordshire
And probably last post of the day in this thread.....

So new Crankcase breather turned up today, so that will be fitted in the next day or two, also ordered all the parts for the N249 bypass Mod, which will be done when the breather is sorted....

End of Month will order the Forge FMDV800 and that is my essentials done and dusted.....:D

Cupra_liam

Aug 5, 2016
Look forward to seeing the progress. Looks like a good little project

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Bronzemarkymark

Aug 14, 2016
Hertfordshire
Thanks Liam......:)

Well my silicone pipe finally turned up so hopefully will get the bypass done today.......also looking at stripping down the brakes this weekend and see what state they are in........

And of course payday has just passed , so forge valve ordered so should be here next week.....

All systems go here..:funk:

Bronzemarkymark

Aug 14, 2016
Hertfordshire
N249 bypass mod done today......the turbo seems to kick in that bit earlier but is also smoother and longer.....personally i really think it made a big difference.....

This is currently on the factory DV, so can't wait to see what it is like once i get the Forge DV this week....

Stripped down the brakes as well and as usual went to far.....

Personally i quite like it......

20161002_145418_zpssfculifd_edit_1475429370716_zpsdfisvs0l.jpg

20161002_150109_zpswcgb0jem_edit_1475429289728_zpsfftww0cy.jpg

Cupra_liam

Aug 5, 2016
Nice work mate, did you find the N249 bypass hard to do?

Bronzemarkymark

Aug 14, 2016
Hertfordshire
And finally, Forge DV turned up today, excellent service from them and if the valve is half as good as the box etc it comes in then it is going to be awesome.....:D

But anyway, fitted it today, took all of 5 mins and all done......:funk::)

Very smooth as the pressure builds up and I think she is sounding a bit more throaty for it and a rather loud whooosh on release.......

With the 3 basic changes, Air Induction, N249 mod and the Forge DV, she is running like a dream, everything seems smoother and she is really flying.

She is off tomorrow for a new oil filter and oil change, I managed to change the plugs the other day so come Friday she is all serviced and sorted and ready for the weekend.......[B)]

Cupra_liam

Aug 5, 2016
Making good progress. I love my Forge DV think they sound great and will sound even better once I have induction kit sorted.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.