184 FR DTUK CRD3+ user feedback

ukoldschool

Apr 12, 2012
Hi, have just added the above to my FR, so far its easily the best mod I've done :D:D:D

Just after some real world feedback from people with the exact same car (184FR) and the exact same tuning box (DTUK CRD3+)
The DTUK thread is a bit muddled with people talking about Cupra's/150/1.4's etc... and also people talking about different versions of the DTUK box

So far I am on Map 1, setting 1, but its early days....

Thanks

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
I upgraded my CRDT to CRD3+ last week and am running 3+2 and love it. It's so much smoother than the CRDT box. And the power just goes on for longer

adamant

May 13, 2014
sorry to deflect a little on this - though I have a 184 and am thinking of getting a box. this may sound stupid though is the CRDT and CRD3+ the same box etc but the settings adjusted? are are they different tuning boxes

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
sorry to deflect a little on this - though I have a 184 and am thinking of getting a box. this may sound stupid though is the CRDT and CRD3+ the same box etc but the settings adjusted? are are they different tuning boxes

The boxes look the same but the maps that are loaded on to the box are different because the loom is different. The CRDT loom has 2 plugs (rail sensor and boost sensor). The crd3 loom has 3 plugs (rail, boost and cam sensor).

ActionScript

Mar 10, 2016

I won't repeat what Ckpearce91 has said as he's covered the differences quite well, if you're thinking of upgrading to the CRD3+ I'd say it's worth while. The loom going into the cam sensor is in my opinion needed just for that extra bit of reassurance that it's controlling the cam shaft as well and not going too "out of sync" with the rest of the car under the extra power being applied.

Then again I've heard of no issues with the cam shaft on any DTUK products, so it's really just me that likes the peace of mind :)

Waiting on GHB to show up now :p

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Do these DTUK boxes void the 3 year/60k warranty on the car? Probs a stupid question but might as well ask it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garry H bird

Oct 27, 2015
Hi ye boys yes my comments on the original thread hope you are enjoying the boxes
Cheers GHB

Pinky

Sep 27, 2015
This is the box that is able to 'learn' and make adjustments ?

Last edited:

Blaine

Apr 12, 2012
I currently have the CRDT and was thinking about the upgrade, is it worth it? Also how much to upgrade lads?

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
I currently have the CRDT and was thinking about the upgrade, is it worth it? Also how much to upgrade lads?

It's £90 for the new loom + £5 postage.

I can't decide yet whether it's worth it or not. If you can spare £90 then yeah go for it but if not then you could hold out a little longer. I've noticed the CRD3 is smoother. The power delivery is smoother and seems to go on for longer. Also noticed gear change 1>2 is less jumpy.

Blaine

Apr 12, 2012
It's £90 for the new loom + £5 postage.

I can't decide yet whether it's worth it or not. If you can spare £90 then yeah go for it but if not then you could hold out a little longer. I've noticed the CRD3 is smoother. The power delivery is smoother and seems to go on for longer. Also noticed gear change 1>2 is less jumpy.

Yeah Ive just got used to the power delivery being jumpy in 1-2, I'll hold out a few weeks to see how you and others find the upgrade to the CRD3, thanks for the reply :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members