Leather Seats

Eire

Sep 19, 2016
Kildare Ireland
Have been looking at a Leon FR ST with leather seats but cant make my mind up...I have never had leather seats in a car before but this one has the Winter Pack..
i always thought leather gets a bit saggy looking after a while..Has any one any thoughts on this..?

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Have been looking at a Leon FR ST with leather seats but cant make my mind up...I have never had leather seats in a car before but this one has the Winter Pack..
i always thought leather gets a bit saggy looking after a while..Has any one any thoughts on this..?

Has them in a few previous cars (Seats & non Seats) and they've usually been ok , although they do need looking after properly using proprietary leather cleaners etc. Never had an issue with sagging etc and I am a bit of a chunky monkey...
I know some Mk2's had issues with the bolsters on the Cupra's but in two years 27k in an LCR never had the issue.

Eire

Sep 19, 2016
Kildare Ireland
I Was looking at a 2016 Seat Leon Fr St with leather today only 9500 miles but i thought the leather looked saggy on the drivers seat already..:(

MattFR

Jun 6, 2016
Got full leather in my FR. The height adjustment mechanism plastic housing is so flush to the bolster, that every time you shuffle or go round a bend it chafes against the leather and creaks like a gooden. Doing my absolute head in. Service next week though so will raise it and see if there's a solution, but short of grease I don't know if there is :confused:

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Got full leather in my FR. The height adjustment mechanism plastic housing is so flush to the bolster, that every time you shuffle or go round a bend it chafes against the leather and creaks like a gooden. Doing my absolute head in. Service next week though so will raise it and see if there's a solution, but short of grease I don't know if there is :confused:

That's the plastic creaking against the leather. Grease isn't going to change the fact that there's plastic on leather. I bought some sticky black felt from a craft shop and stuck it in between the plastic and the seat, and I'm now creak free and have been for 20,000 miles. You can't even see the felt.

Last edited:

MattFR

Jun 6, 2016
That's the plastic creaking against the leather. Grease isn't going to change the fact that there's plastic on leather. I bought some sticky black felt from a craft shop and stuck it in between the plastic and the seat, and I'm now creak free and have been for 20,000 miles. You can't even see the felt.

Guess I'm going to Hobbycraft tomorrow then :thumbup:

BigARG

Mar 24, 2015
Essex
When I want to look at mine it had stretch marks on the rear seat where a child seat had been. Googled it and a hot air gun gently blown over the seat with some leather cream sorted it. Did get the dealer to do it. Wouldn't know now. Google it and youtube.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum

Will that stop the noise my chubby thighs make when I drive in my shorts? :D

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
Leather

The leather on my drivers seat looks to be slightly bunched up, after 5.5k miles, but I'd put that down to the position I've set the seat in. Could it be something worth taking to the dealer for a look?

svenik

Sep 27, 2020
Hi does the seats (rear one) from short leon fits into ST?

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise