Vacuum help

Teuchter

Nov 6, 2015
Fife, Scotland
Hey guys just a quick question on where the vacuum should sit on my boost gauge? Here's a picture on where mines sits

Reason I am asking is my mates golf sits around the 20 and everything I read about others vac and they are around the 20 ish, a little bit miffed why mines sits so low don't know if it's a bad thing or not, just hoping someone on the forums can shed some light on this.

Cheers

Last edited:

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
On VCDS my vac is around the 27 mark, maybe the gauge is faulty? ...........Over 30 seems too much

Last edited:

Teuchter

Nov 6, 2015
Fife, Scotland
Don't have a vagcom but when i put the one of the little code readers on it only fault P0411 Secondary air injection System incorrect flow detected

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Don't have a vagcom but when i put the one of the little code readers on it only fault P0411 Secondary air injection System incorrect flow detected

Do you still have SAI installed? If so the check all the tubing etc and that the electrical connectors are plugged in. Shouldn't affect the vac as far as i know.

Teuchter

Nov 6, 2015
Fife, Scotland
Just went and checked, the SAI is still there and it ain't plugged in, didn't notice before, must have been like that since I bought the car

frijj

Aug 15, 2015
South Wales
Regarding the fault code, does your car sound like a hoover when you first start it up?

If it does, it could be that the SAI pump case has split and will need fixing or replacing.
This link explains: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=326292

However, I've had that fault code pop up after I bypassed the N249 and my pump had split before I had bypassed it, but didn't throw a code up.

Teuchter

Nov 6, 2015
Fife, Scotland
Never sounded like a hoover to be honest, but if was not plugged in don't think it would be working, just plugged it back in, cleared the code, started up no hoover sound, took it out for a run plugged the reader back in no codes

Teuchter

Nov 6, 2015
Fife, Scotland
But do have another problem I have just noticed, getting low boost like a limp boost or something boosts to 5-6 psi, switch the engine off and back on and everything is all good again boosting to 18 psi, done this a couple of times the past few weeks, changed everything from hoses, hose clips ect only things I ain't change since buying the car is the MAF and n75

Last edited:

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Yeah the 5-6psi is limp mode, if you have access to VCDS you could try scanning with that as it might reveal something. Glad SAI code is sorted :)

Teuchter

Nov 6, 2015
Fife, Scotland
It never done it before I got the stage 2 remap, will get myself a hold of one of them and see what's going on