Before a Remap?. Advice Please!

[email protected]

Sep 21, 2016
Guys, not long had my cupra 180 mk1, I want to get it remapped, but I have a bit of a Problem!
1 , it's completely standard at the moment, I have it serviced and cambelt changed etc
The garage I used who are very reputable said it had come up with a Maf fault Codes! I took it all apart and cleaned it best I Could! But every now and then changing say between 1st and 2nd with a light throttle it hesitates for a split second before launching down the Road! In all your opinions is this likely to be the Maf coz the car drives perfect other than This! Don't want to drive 4hours or so to one of the remappers on here to be told it can't be done, all your advice would be great. Thanks Barry.

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Get a cheap code reader off eBay. Could well be a faulty recirc or N75 valve. Both are easily changed and you might want to just replace them for peace of mind before a remap anyway

RichyH

Dec 20, 2015
Lincoln, UK
Get a forge recirculation valve if you are getting it mapped up, much more reliable than the oem ones which are known to give up under standard pressures let alone increased ones. Like Alexis said, get a code reader or buy the software for a tablet if you have one. Could save you a lot of pennies in the future for a garage charging for the same service? If you have not long had the car look up this article

http://www.pistonheads.com/features/ph-buying-guides/seat-leon-cupra-ph-buying-guide/29546

(and any other similar buying tips on here) to go over your car for your own knowledge, i did the exact same, found some useful stuff

Have fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Denzil

May 2, 2008
South Wales
Best advice? Make sure your clutch is up to the task. Extra power caused mine to slip and then completely die.

jamfull

Feb 6, 2011
Jetex of BMC air filter.do not bother with panel fiter Change your spark plugs if you have no idea how old they are. V power or tesco 99. Coil packs went on mine during my first map . they should be able to tell you during mapping if your maf is knackered.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Apr 12, 2008
First do the cheap stuff...check all vacuum hoses, boost leaks.
Then borrow spare DV from a friend, and maybe 1 or two spare coilpacks.
Get NGK BKR7e sparkplugs and regap them. They are cheap.
Get new fuel pump (only insert), not too expensive.

Most 1.8t here in Croatia come to mapping half broken..very ofter fuel pump is old, works fine for 150 and 180 hp, but not sufficent for 210+ hp.
Same goes for coilpacks, they work fine on 0.6-0.8 bar..but on 1.3, 1.4 overboost they start to fail..
It is very possbile that your clutch will start to slip..but that is expensive to change...

Everythig that is not perfect or broken on the standard car get more noticable on mapped one.

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Just changed my dv to stock (p) version. No need for expensive aftermarket job from forge.
Unless you like the sound and in that case put an induction kit on it.

So
Dv stock =£38
Cone filter =30
Bit of pipe from metal man =£10

Total =£78

Forge dv =£120

People to quick here to stay forge this and that when price is so high and stock dv will more than handle a remap at stage 2

Last edited:

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
The issue with the stock DV in my experience is that you don't know when the rubber is perished. You can drive around for months with it leaking a bit of boost but you can't tell until you've replaced it. There isn't the risk of that with a piston like the Forge.

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
The issue with the stock DV in my experience is that you don't know when the rubber is perished. You can drive around for months with it leaking a bit of boost but you can't tell until you've replaced it. There isn't the risk of that with a piston like the Forge.
Once you get them horrible vw clips of its easy to pop on and of and test it. I'm sure a new one would be good for at least 20,000 miles at stage1. . Don't get me wrong forge make nice parts but I just don't like there Price's for most of them.

RichyH

Dec 20, 2015
Lincoln, UK
The mod garages that i've looked at all say to replace the dv with the forge 007 valve to get the best power figures from the remaps, along with new coils, sparks and a decent engine oil, and a higher octane fuel. No you do not have to upgrade the dv, of course not. But for those who want to go stage 2 and get the highest bhp out of the maps, an aftermarket dv (forge 007 yellow spring) is the widely recommended upgrade. Ideally ask the forum member ibizacupra he's the closest thing to an expert on here about modding up the leons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise