Sad news-ish

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015
I adore the colour. I'd love a matte car, but the upkeep is just too much. And if you don't up-keep it, you'll have a very expensive bill!

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015
Can't help there sorry, but please do keep on top of it. That texture and colour is absolutely perfect.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
PW Pro in Mansfield are quality. I'm sure they can do something (they do detailing and wrapping)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMO

Feb 15, 2008
Stafford, Staffs
It is with genuine sadness that I announce I am leaving the VAG. I had hoped to replace my Gti (best car ever imo :) ) with the new rs3 but I read recently were looking at a August 2017 release and I cba waiting that long, so as of Tuesday, I'll be one of these dickheaaaaddddddddddddds :D

I had planned on stripping the Gti of her bits but the merc staff said it didn't matter, but i do plan on removing my vwr600 tomorrow so if anyone's interested send me a pm ;)

I'll still be popping in to see how the other half is doing and who knows I may be back to the fold in a few years.

For those that are interested, 9k deposit, 15k year, £460 pm 36 months. I know someone will ask :)

Verrrrrrrry nice its exactly what I am looking at getting for my next car, already saving for it but it will probably be the latter half of next year as we are looking at moving house. :(

I'm jealous, what spec did you go for? Is it used then? or from stock?

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Congrats, I sold the Leon and after a massive look at all the VAG stuff, settled on a C63 :lol:

Last edited:

weirdkerr

Nov 24, 2013
Morayshire
I would love to get a CLA 45 AMG but I don't think i could afford to run it, so might consider a A/CLA 220CDi next time around

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Update. Well after a week of having it I can safely say I can't wait to remap it. Because it's slow? Hell no, it's fooking scarily fast, the problem is that it's too good. Mad you say? Maybe, but I was stage 2 on the Gti, it was a hilarious handful. This is too well made, it's my first awd and dsg so that may be the problem but tbh, I'm not as excited driving this as I was the golf, just scared lol.

Interior is excellent, carbon fibre not sure if it's fake but it's so much easier to keep clean than piano black that was in the golf.

Brakes are bloody amazing, makes the golfs feel like milk bottle caps. And the engine sings all the way to 6.5k before shifting with a massive crackle so I enjoy that, but going back to my earlier point of being scared, that's because if you ain't going full choke then it's a bit dull.

So in a nutshell, amazing feat of engineering, lacks a bit of soul. But I'll soon fix that with a decent tune ;)

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Autos aren't as fun in my opinion. Brilliant technology but not as fun to drive.

A45 is in a different league to a gti, even stage 2. It's a completely different class so hardly surprised that the brakes were nowhere near as good etc.

I think that's how I'd best describe autos actually, lacking soul.

Glad you're enjoying it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Awd plus auto is a killer but I drove back from a big night out the other morning and damn it was so much easier so it has its benefits lol. You getting my pms jarre?

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
On a plus note, the paints dead easy. Washed it today and sprayed some Matt sealant over it and voila looking as good as new and supposedly you don't have to worry about swirl marks either which is a blessing

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
RS Tuning in Leeds are currently in the process of mapping theirs for various states of tune.
You should give Paul and ring and see what he can do for you!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.