The Mystery Button

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
I have seen on vcds that the interior sensors are not even activated lol

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Yeah i noticed that a while back too..... i thought that they'd just been deactivated on my car,lol

Last edited:

Toledo20VT

May 29, 2013
Kent
my alarm in the seat is a bit funny as well, if i unlock it (i have to use the key as the fob is knackered) and straight away open any other door or boot or bonnet and dont turn key in the ignition then the alarm goes bonkers.

Remember this from when my wife lost my Toledo's key. The alarm is working "correctly".

If you open the drivers door with the key, you have something like 15 seconds to get the key in the ignition and turn it a couple of stops or the alarm goes off. If you open any other door or the boot - the alarm goes off. If you open the boot with the key and the alarm is armed it goes off.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Remember this from when my wife lost my Toledo's key. The alarm is working "correctly".

If you open the drivers door with the key, you have something like 15 seconds to get the key in the ignition and turn it a couple of stops or the alarm goes off. If you open any other door or the boot - the alarm goes off. If you open the boot with the key and the alarm is armed it goes off.

That sounds like a faulty drivers door lock/mechanism. Does the interior light come on when drivers door open, does the light left on alarm work? Do the door warning lights work?

petwhite

Oct 18, 2016
East Sussex
This button is indeed for turning off the internal alarm sensor so that you can lock your kids in when you go into the petrol station kiosk as a for instance.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.