Got the keys today! Cupra290 St

Mithdons

Oct 13, 2016
Hi Everyone been on here a while reading info about cupras. Got the keys today so seemed a good time to actually register here.

I got a Leon Cupra 290 ST black edition in dynamic in manual...

I must admit ive been really excited since i ordered in july!

First impressions i fell in love with it, like people have stated previously over the exhaust on the 290s ST's id say its definately there on full chat and quiet civilised when pottering about. Really nice drive and decent driving position when you get the seat right took me a while!

What are peoples opinions on running in if at all??

Im not screwing the balls of it yet just letting if open its lungs when its fully warmed up. What have everyone else done?

Ive had abit of the shudder when loosing traction it is a very intense noise i must say!

Just thought id share my day with you all hopefully get a couple of people waiting on theres excited!

Last edited:

Jonwm

New to the MK2...
Jun 22, 2009
Tamworth
Good lad, wasn't too bothered about bedding mine in, had its first blast with 8 mile on the clock, now it's done 259 and still seems ok lol

Enjoy though, awesome cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mithdons

Oct 13, 2016
Yeah not really sure they need it to be honest with tolerances now just checking see what everyones thoughts were. That white lining on seats looks like it.might not last too long with marks how does your seem now? Jonwm

2pad

Oct 13, 2016
How does the exhaust sound on the St? On the overrun does its pop burble?

Mithdons

Oct 13, 2016
2pad its not very loud from the cabin. But definately pops burbles on let off around 4k rpm.. its not overly loud subtle.. cant hear it on full chat for the engine noise taking moist of the attention.. quite alot of road noise from tyres too ive got the continental tyres on mine but it dosent bother me...

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
Enjoy! I got the keys to my 280 ST at the end of April and still get excited about driving the thing. If anything it gets better the more you learn the car.

Ronnie Bagel

Monsoon Grey ST 290 DSG
Jul 15, 2016
Tamworth
I've had mine two weeks as of today and done 750 miles. I love it. I can honestly say I've not looked forward to the morning commute as much! I'm getting about 320 miles on a tank of Super.

I did run it in properly to the 600 mile mark (up to 4K revs) as per the handbook, but the dealer contacted me after speaking to a technician who had said you don't need to bother and the engine 'learns' your driving style. I guess if you cane it from day 1, they might be able to plug it in and see how it's been driven? Not sure if that's possible though?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.