What do you think of

Cupat

Sep 21, 2016
Mk3 Mondeo 2.0tdci's...i know there's tons about dmf's, injectors ect ect but all cars have their problems, i mean the cars in general i.e. build, handling. Now i know they're totally different cars to a Leon tdi but it's just if anybody's had one and what they thought.

Cupat

Sep 21, 2016
Stupid asking really as they're just run of the mil crap like other stuff

sockpuppet

Apr 30, 2007
I had the use of an ST diesel mondeo 9 years ago and the only thing I liked better was how the car looked on the outside. On paper the stats showed the Mondeo has a quicker 0-60, but in real life driving it was slower at overtaking, felt a lot heavier, less responsive and less stable around bends. The gears were super tight compared to the loose long shift of the leon.
overall I much preferred the leon at the time.

DrewCole

Spannering the Cupra
Oct 19, 2015
Braintree, Essex
I had a V6 ZetecS for a while as a stop gap car and general tow/abuse car.

As a long distance driver it was very smooth and comfy, very slow though and a heavy beast. It handles reasonably well though.

If you want something as a daily that will be fairly cheap to fix when it breaks then it's not a bad choice, alternatives are a 3 Series, Vauxhall Shitbox or Mazda 6?

Cupat

Sep 21, 2016
Cheers guys, as i say i know they're run of the mill crap but comfy crap..

Jonnyj88

Aug 28, 2016
I work in a ford main dealer workshop. When our parts guy bought a 2.0 Tdci recently we all cringed. The reason there's a lot of complaints of poor dmf's and injectors is because there terrible for them. That said we have a taxi come in for service with us, 310k (ish) never had any injector fault and is only on second clutch & flywheel. We're all as confused as everyone else.

Dave_c85

Dec 1, 2013
I had a 2.0 petrol zetec S and never had any issues. Reliable, cheap to fix and had bags and bags of space for lugging stuff around. 2.0 petrol was gutless though, as is the 130 tdci. You would want an STTDCI really if you are thinking of one.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cupat

Sep 21, 2016
I work in a ford main dealer workshop. When our parts guy bought a 2.0 Tdci recently we all cringed. The reason there's a lot of complaints of poor dmf's and injectors is because there terrible for them. That said we have a taxi come in for service with us, 310k (ish) never had any injector fault and is only on second clutch & flywheel. We're all as confused as everyone else.

Why are they so bad

Re the high miler...don't always judge the book by its cover..

I had a 2.0 petrol zetec S and never had any issues. Reliable, cheap to fix and had bags and bags of space for lugging stuff around. 2.0 petrol was gutless though, as is the 130 tdci. You would want an STTDCI really if you are thinking of one.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I don't think the 130 is gutless they pull hard for what it is

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members