New clutch after Stage2 map

Lukeyx

Rootmonkey
Nov 30, 2008
Grimsby
Hello all,

Just come back home after getting a RTech remap :) (AWESOME SERVICE - GREAT GUYS)

Niki said to me my clutch started slipping when they was doing the mapping so had to hold back the power a little (it made 346BHP on the rollers with just zaust + air intake).

When giving it some on the way home I noticed it myself.

Couple of questions for the brains on the forum:)

1) What is the recommended performance clutch?
2) Do I need clutch & flywheel or just clutch?

Thanks guys

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
Iv not long had a Helix organic & luk DmF fitted , supplied and recommended by AKS tuning , they said some customers are running just north of 400lbft torque with no problems,

What are your future plans ? Power level ?

How much torque did it make ?

Rule of thumb is new clutch, new flywheel

Last edited:

Lukeyx

Rootmonkey
Nov 30, 2008
Grimsby
Iv not long had a Helix organic & luk DmF fitted , supplied and recommended by AKS tuning , they said some customers are running just north of 400lbft torque with no problems,

What are your future plans ? Power level ?

How much torque did it make ?

Rule of thumb is new clutch, new flywheel

Hi mate, it made 325 (could have made more but Niki said he held back due to the clutch) I have attached Dyno

Future plans - MAYBE a HPFP and stage2+ but that will be it. AKS tuning i will look into them mate cheers

Leon_Dyno.jpg

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
If stage2+ is your end goal the Helix organic & DMF should suffice I would have thought,

I don't think you'll see much north of 400lbft on the ko4.from my findings AKS are as highly regarded as R-tech. The clutch was £765 delivered, AKS will fit for £200 last time I checked , wish I was closer it cost me £250 labour up here

Lukeyx

Rootmonkey
Nov 30, 2008
Grimsby
If stage2+ is your end goal the Helix organic & DMF should suffice I would have thought,

I don't think you'll see much north of 400lbft on the ko4.from my findings AKS are as highly regarded as R-tech. The clutch was £765 delivered, AKS will fit for £200 last time I checked , wish I was closer it cost me £250 labour up here

Have you got the links for all the parts I need mate (I'm **** at mechical stuff / expert on computer side but car parts I seem to always order the wrong things lol) - would really appreciate it (so i dont end up sending things back what won't fit)

Then I just need to pay for labour :), do awesomeGTI sell all the parts? cheers

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
Have you got the links for all the parts I need mate (I'm **** at mechical stuff / expert on computer side but car parts I seem to always order the wrong things lol) - would really appreciate it (so i dont end up sending things back what won't fit)

Awesome might sell the parts, AKS usually have these on the shelf ready to ship, no links unfortunately it's not that kinda part, I rang AKS so there was no mistakes.

I think AKS help helix develop there clutches, last I'd read AKS had some sort of twin plate proof-type there developing with them

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012

I had my Helix clutch kit supplied and fitted by Awesome GTI. At the same time they also fitted a new LUK DMF that I supplied myself.

boggle

Dec 28, 2012
KENT
I have the helix organic clutch kit with luk dmf supplied by awsome gti.

Ive had the helix clutch on my cupra for 2 years now and it handles stage 2 fine. I had the darkside smf with the sach sre kit before and found the bitting point practically on the floor which was not great for traffic, hill starts and especially slow moving traffic. Too much vibration. After 18 months the gearbox main bearing gave out and had to be replaced. So i swaped to the helix kit. The helix organic kit is the sach sre pressure plate, a luk disc, dmf and luk slave cylinder.

The bitting point on the helix kit is comfortable yeah it is heavy but you get used to it.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members