Build week for new Cupra 290's

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Skip CVL out from the equation and call DM Keith direct - you'll get much better service and somebody will actually update you on whats going on!

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015
Skip CVL out from the equation and call DM Keith direct - you'll get much better service and somebody will actually update you on whats going on!

I'm with Wessex, so no such luck for me. Not even an apology, you just get an email "A note has been added to your vehicle" - so you login to the portal and it just says "Dealer advised, B/W 47".

Aye cheers, pricks.

Mickle

May 25, 2016
Just change the car on the new policy? You'll either get a refund or an increased premium.

I've gone from B/W 43 to 47 now, after being told I'd get the car in October upon ordering. Fuming isn't the word.

I rang up Admiral in September to ask how much it would be to change to the cupra for the remaining 3 months, and it was around £300, which oddly was the same as the increase for a new 12 month policy.

Didn't think you could just get a refund either, last time I changed car they were talking cancellation until retentions sorted the price. I'll keep looking into it, cheers!

sugar9edward

Oct 10, 2016
Ditto. Ordered early August, had colour changed, now pushed back minimum 6 weeks. I've tried seeing if they can do me a gesture of good will but they just recited me the terms and conditions. Looks like the new year before I see a new car which is not good on several counts.

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
I can't copy and paste this but had a message from my company saying they understood there were over 100 orders in the system that had not even been confirmed. One being mine .. not sure how order confirmation works but based on what in reading above that concerns me and could be Feb by the time I see it. I orders alor blue manual in September and was told delivery should be early to. Mid December latest. .. then it all goes quiet

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015
I've contacted my lease company saying that I'm due to get the car nearly 4 months(!!!) after I was originally told. Putting me in an awkward position for my current car going. Had I ordered through a seat dealership, they'd have given me a courtesy car for a while. Hindsight and all that!

Could be worse.

ganticus

May 5, 2014
I can't copy and paste this but had a message from my company saying they understood there were over 100 orders in the system that had not even been confirmed. One being mine .. not sure how order confirmation works but based on what in reading above that concerns me and could be Feb by the time I see it. I orders alor blue manual in September and was told delivery should be early to. Mid December latest. .. then it all goes quiet

Can you divulge which company told you that?

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
Vehicle savers but they got it from their suppliers .... whoever that might be. Wonder if Seat ever read these posts and care the level of service they're giving and the discontent ..... it's worse than the service I used to get from Alfa and they had a terrible reputation

ganticus

May 5, 2014
You got more info that I have had through Broker4Cars. They don't bother answering emails and I reckon I am going to be in that 100 unconfirmed you mention.

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
To be fair they seem quite good.... it's just they don't know the answers as dealers or seat are not keeping them informed

Stubaloo

Oct 15, 2016
I'm with Wessex, so no such luck for me. Not even an apology, you just get an email "A note has been added to your vehicle" - so you login to the portal and it just says "Dealer advised, B/W 47".

Aye cheers, pricks.

I also orderd mine through Wessex had a few problems but got sorted in the end . Where is your car comeing from ? Snows seat in Southampton i

Springrollz

Jul 22, 2016
London
Just called Seat to check whether my cupra with confirmed build week 42 was in transit, but mine too has been pushed back to week 47 (started with unconfirmed build week 38).

Seems to be dragging on forever, I ordered with CVL on July 7th, and now my current one is due a service :banghead2
Wow I really do feel for you. I too was given an unconfirmed build week of 38 and I could have easily been in your shoes. I would be tempted to cancel if I was told to wait another 3 months.
Patience is a virtue, it'll make it even more worthwhile when you do get it best year!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

lazybill

Jul 10, 2016
I ordered mine the beginning of August. 5dr in Red, DSG and no other options.

Original estimate was BW 42 then was told it had come forward to BW 41 and now been informed of a confirmed BW of 45 (Week beginning 7th Nov), assuming a 4-6 week duration from build to delivery will take it into 5th Dec at best i'd imagine.

Means i'll be carless for a week or two which is a nightmare. S*it happens though [:@] Will be worth the wait I'm sure :D

Ian09

Oct 17, 2016
Phoned my dealership this morning, not very helpful at all!!! unable to tell me anything at the moment. My Build week is 42 (last week) heard nothing from leasing company either. Surely its been built by now and in transit??? who knows??????

lazybill

Jul 10, 2016
Phoned my dealership this morning, not very helpful at all!!! unable to tell me anything at the moment. My Build week is 42 (last week) heard nothing from leasing company either. Surely its been built by now and in transit??? who knows??????

If it was built last week I'm sure you would have got confirmation of it. I suspect yours has also been delayed. What dealership was it, surprised they can't give you more info :doh:

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey

Have you tried Seat Customer services? They were very, very helpful each time I spoke to them. They told me what day the car was built on, what ship it sailed in on, the chassis number etc

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015
I was due my car in October, then early November, then late November, then early December, now late December/early January.

I have booked a hotel for me and the girlfriend a good few hundred miles away (each way!), in order to take the car a right good run after I got it (mid December). I'm currently walking everywhere because the excess on my current car is getting stupid. Just clicked that now I get the car AFTER the hotel booking.

Shite.

Ian09

Oct 17, 2016
That's sound then, hopefully mine will be the same, I will give them a call and let you know

Have you tried Seat Customer services? They were very, very helpful each time I spoke to them. They told me what day the car was built on, what ship it sailed in on, the chassis number etc

I will try them mate, hopefully they can shed some light, is this the number you called - 0370 333 4446 ?

lazybill

Jul 10, 2016
I was due my car in October, then early November, then late November, then early December, now late December/early January.

I have booked a hotel for me and the girlfriend a good few hundred miles away (each way!), in order to take the car a right good run after I got it (mid December). I'm currently walking everywhere because the excess on my current car is getting stupid. Just clicked that now I get the car AFTER the hotel booking.

Shite.

What spec was yours mate?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.