Leon MK 3 Tips and Tricks

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
Try to do that with ignition off ;) While driving I am using the steering wheel buttons.

Yeah, it's weird that the stereo works with ignition off but not the buttons. I must admit that's got me more than once! Usually when trying to turn the volume down. Also drives me nuts that the power symbol on the volume knob spins with the button - hence I try not to use it. Such a tiny thing really, but looks so cheap and ridiculous.

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
I have one on the passenger side of my corsa that I pulled out earlier and cut my finger on, be glad to see the back of it on Monday

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Classic case of penny-pinching again I guess. Cheers guys.

That's just the Seat way. Between myself, my Dad and my wife, I have had 4 Ibiza MK4s in the family and they all had different features or things missing!

I've gone from a 63 Leon SC to a 15 5-door and haven't found too many differences mind you, apart from the cubby hole not being under the passenger seat. When it snows I'll see if it still has the beep when you don't release the handbrake properly....;)

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
To change windscreen wiper blades- or for cleaning screen/scuttle panel at the bottom of windscreen if that's your bag-
Switch ignition on then off, then push the windscreen wiper switch down and release.
The wipers will now park in the 12 o'clock position on the windscreen :)

nicknameless

Aug 1, 2016
To change windscreen wiper blades- or for cleaning screen/scuttle panel at the bottom of windscreen if that's your bag-
Switch ignition on then off, then push the windscreen wiper switch down and release.

That alone is worth buying the car for!!!!!

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire

Only works if bonnet is closed

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.