Led bulbs

Marklb68

Aug 22, 2016
Hi recently brought some led sidelight bulbs (error free) passengers side comes on for few seconds then goes off but when I put it in other side it's fine anyone know what's going on ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Jalso

Oct 26, 2016
Hi recently brought some led sidelight bulbs (error free) passengers side comes on for few seconds then goes off but when I put it in other side it's fine anyone know what's going on ?

Have you tried to switch the polarity within the port?
I had the same problem, but my bulb didn't want to turn on at all with the LED bulb. When I put the same LED bulb into the other side, it worked.
After switching the polarity in the bulb holder on the passanger's side, it worked like a charm.

Jalso

Oct 26, 2016
Also check your grounding. A LED bulb has less consumption and that can screw with your relays and sensors. Your LED bulb is CAN-BUS certified, right?

Marklb68

Aug 22, 2016
Yes bulb is canbus free what's the best to swap the polarity cut the wires and reconnect other way round cheers for info

Jalso

Oct 26, 2016
Yes bulb is canbus free what's the best to swap the polarity cut the wires and reconnect other way round cheers for info

You don't have to cut it, just remove the cover of the base where the cables connect to the ports and switch them. In my situation, we had to switch the positive and ground within the connector, to make the bulb work.

Scott.T

Sep 30, 2008
Not all CANBUS error free do what that say on the tin.
I brought a full set from PUL and the front sidelights would come on for 3 seconds then go off (the bulb monitoring system switches the power off if it doesn't like the bulb) and the rear numberplate bulbs were fine at initial power on but then would strobe like a 70''s disco after a few minutes.
So not too impressed with PUL.
The interior LEDS were fine. So I've just chalked that up as a bad experience and won't use PUL again.

I have since sourced some LED sidelights that work and fitted complete LED numberplate units that are fine too....if perhaps a little too bright.

Last edited:

t121anf

May 14, 2004
Not all CANBUS error free do what that say on the tin.
I brought a full set from PUL and the front sidelights would come on for 3 seconds then go off (the bulb monitoring system switches the power off if it doesn't like the bulb) and the rear numberplate bulbs were fine at initial power on but then would strobe like a 70''s disco after a few minutes.
So not too impressed with PUL.
The interior LEDS were fine. So I've just chalked that up as a bad experience and won't use PUL again.

I have since sourced some LED sidelights that work and fitted complete LED numberplate units that are fine too....if perhaps a little too bright.

Sourced from?

CRNeo

Feb 5, 2016
Liverpool
Does anyone know if the numberplate ones are the same on a facelift car?

The number plate ones are the only ones I've not replaced with LED yet and would like to get them done... I know the facelift are generally more picky about bulbs I didn't bother with the 501 sidelights, did manage to get some great LED DRLs tho (I have the bi-xenons with drls) Interior all done too it's just the numberplate I want now.