Black Edition wheels

Ronnie Bagel

Monsoon Grey ST 290 DSG
Jul 15, 2016
Tamworth
I love the BE 'Multis', but they are a nightmare to clean. Just used the 13 times award winning Wonder Wheels (great stuff) to get 500 miles of crud off and then coated with Autoglym Wheel Protector. Says you shouldn't use on dark wheels, but thought I'd carry on seeing as I'd bought it already. Some slight milky residue close up, but not really an issue in my view, and looking forward to seeing how they hold up over the next two weeks.
4b3696eca9115b61f2156dbf883eacf2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
Cleaned mine last week with wonder wheels, then gtechniq c5 wheel sealant. Supposed to last a year but sceptical. Will clean the car next weekend so will find out then.

2hrs to apply and leave to cure for a least 6hrs.

Ronnie Bagel

Monsoon Grey ST 290 DSG
Jul 15, 2016
Tamworth
Cleaned mine last week with wonder wheels, then gtechniq c5 wheel sealant. Supposed to last a year but sceptical. Will clean the car next weekend so will find out then.

2hrs to apply and leave to cure for a least 6hrs.

Been looking at that c5 earlier myself. Would be interested in your thoughts once you've had chance to assess properly. Quite expensive but would be worth it if it works. They haven't made them easy to clean eh?

Last edited:

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
Haha. Not at all. And don't use a brush on them. The paint scratches easily

Ronnie Bagel

Monsoon Grey ST 290 DSG
Jul 15, 2016
Tamworth
Haha. Not at all. And don't use a brush on them. The paint scratches easily

I think you posted something on that previously? So I took that advice and just used a general cleaning cloth. Thanks for that mate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ESS

Jan 11, 2016
Wheel woolies i use to clean mine. Its even harder with sub8 brakes.
069233e136382138141f241516af7810.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
the light scratches in the diamond cut alloys can be buff out using a machine buff or the drill attachment and i speak from first hand experience so dont worry too much about them

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
Scratches are in the black paint but the c5 seems to fill or refract light hiding them

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
yeah, id love to say you can replicate it with elbow grease but you really cant. I think you can find that buffer cheaper elsewhere too, just thought id post it from amazon as it gives the clearest description etc.

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
Doubt you'd get into the BE multis with that though. Looks good afterwards though.

Last edited:

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I use a softish brush but still have small scratches on wheels. I'm going to get a set of the collective wands ;)

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
be a struggle in the tightest of corners but you should be able to get on to the larger sections, pads were about an inch thick if iirc and will compress

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise