Black Edition wheels

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
and there are other makes of polisher that are smaller, my point in the end is that these scratches can be removed, even if you just get the car detailed for instance. Knowing that I could remove the scratches if I wanted to always made it easier for me to live with them too

Brucey CUPRA

Oct 18, 2016
Co. Durham
I do love the multi spokes but they are a nightmare to clean. I've been use a EZ detailing brush and a wash mitt on mine. They come ok but you can see the fine scratches on the black paint. I've just been using autoglym car shampoo to wash them as am unsure what else to use on them. Am sure I seen some where that wonder wheels was a big no no when using them on diamond cut finish wheels?

Fuse100

Oct 11, 2016
Have you tried the react wheel cleaner by carbon collective? I really like their products and the HQ is near me. I use their snowfoam, shampoo and other stuff.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Am sure I seen some where that wonder wheels was a big no no when using them on diamond cut finish wheels?

If Wonder Wheels is acid based (I think it is), then agree it's a big no no on diamond cut alloys. The acid in the wheel cleaner will degrade the lacquer on the diamond cut faces over time. The slight milky appearance that the OP is experiencing on their wheels is almost certainly the reaction of Wonder Wheels with the lacquer, and continued use is likely to make this worse.

I'd ditch the Wonder Wheels and use something like Valet Pro Bilberry wheel cleaner which is acid-free, so should be safe to use on diamond cut wheels.

YerMaw

Jul 4, 2016
The BE wheels make me glad that i got over my obsessive car cleaning habits. I now think of the dirt as a sort of protective layer.

Ronnie Bagel

Monsoon Grey ST 290 DSG
Jul 15, 2016
Tamworth
If Wonder Wheels is acid based (I think it is), then agree it's a big no no on diamond cut alloys. The acid in the wheel cleaner will degrade the lacquer on the diamond cut faces over time. The slight milky appearance that the OP is experiencing on their wheels is almost certainly the reaction of Wonder Wheels with the lacquer, and continued use is likely to make this worse.

I'd ditch the Wonder Wheels and use something like Valet Pro Bilberry wheel cleaner which is acid-free, so should be safe to use on diamond cut wheels.

I should have said, I used the new Wonder Wheels Hot Wheels, which states it is acid free and PH neutral. It's the purple stuff that turns red during the dwell time. I wasn't wearing gloves (daft, I know) and my hands were fine afterwards. The very, very light milky appearance is definitely the Autoglym Wheel Protector as it is on the black as well. You have to get really close to notice it too. After 50 miles today, the dust isn't bonding like it has been doing. Definitely can see a significant improvement in build-up.

Brucey CUPRA

Oct 18, 2016
Co. Durham
Have you tried the react wheel cleaner by carbon collective? I really like their products and the HQ is near me. I use their snowfoam, shampoo and other stuff.

Looks very similar to CarPro Iron X remover, this is what I've got to try on mine the next time I clean them.

Brucey CUPRA

Oct 18, 2016
Co. Durham

Think these will be getting added to the cleaning collection now :)
To the OP, I've also got the autoglym wheel protector that I've had for a while but have never used it, got last year when Halfords had there 3 for 2 on. Was going to try it on the Leon wheels but didn't bother after reading the label saying not suitable for black wheels. I've give it a try on mine and see what happens.

Ronnie Bagel

Monsoon Grey ST 290 DSG
Jul 15, 2016
Tamworth
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I'll try to get a pic tomorrow for you. I was slightly concerned but then thought I could just remove if it dried too milky, which it hasn't.

Ronnie Bagel

Monsoon Grey ST 290 DSG
Jul 15, 2016
Tamworth
877d0c76e0c489618e707eab53eadac5.jpg
1321b08669d756ba13b44804871ebb75.jpg

Quite impressed! - this is after using the Autoglym Wheel Protector after 250 miles this week and a mix of 'A' and 'B' roads. Some hard braking involved and a 17mpg stint in Cupra Mode. I've not taken it particularly steady. These are the front wheels. Definitely a massive improvement over no protection at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bhoopoo

Aug 14, 2008
Surrey
Cupra 290 Multi Black Alloys, Try this, works for me, no sratches to date. Wash thoroughly and carefully with a hose to loosen all the dirt, do not use a pressure washer. Repeat if necessary. Leave for a few minutes and apply Bilberry Wheel Cleaner, with a spray gun, neat or mixed with clean water to your level of dirt to be removed, great smell, non acidic. Wait about 5 minutes, do not let it dry out though, wash off with a hose, not a pressure washer. If all the dirt and brake dust is not removed repeat the exercise. Aggitate with a clean paint brush and clean off.

matthab

Jun 16, 2010
West Midlands
Cleaned mine last week with wonder wheels, then gtechniq c5 wheel sealant. Supposed to last a year but sceptical. Will clean the car next weekend so will find out then.

2hrs to apply and leave to cure for a least 6hrs.

I used this on my wheels first week of getting my car, wont be using it again. Just makes them look dull even when clean. I think its almost worn off anyway.

Looking at using Poorboys wheel sealent. Its only going to last months but Ill keep topping it up when I clean the car.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Poorboys-World-PB-WS-Wheel-Sealant/dp/B002OHOK0I

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
I used this on my wheels first week of getting my car, wont be using it again. Just makes them look dull even when clean. I think its almost worn off anyway.

Looking at using Poorboys wheel sealent. Its only going to last months but Ill keep topping it up when I clean the car.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Poorboys-World-PB-WS-Wheel-Sealant/dp/B002OHOK0I

The C5 didn't dull on my wheels. I was put off the poorboys but the reviews that said it dulls dark colours!!!

Ho hom. Let me know what you think to the pb sealant

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise