Build week for new Cupra 290's

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
Order went in end of July and accepted by the factory on the 1st august so i would probably expect yours to be cancelled as well, probably best to chase the dealer/lease co tomorrow
Thanks.... email sent .... grrrrrr

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
So that's dynamic grey and alor blue paint they've run out of.

Bet they never run out of emocion red!!!!

ShanksRFC

Oct 13, 2016
I originally ordered in Dynamic Grey on September 1st but got an email saying last week it would be now changed to Nevada White. Very frustrating especially when lease company had confirmed it wasn't affected the week before.

Yesterday they confirmed a build of week 47, leaving factory last week in November and delivery would be around middle of December.

lazybill

Jul 10, 2016
Ordered end of August.

Just been on the blower to confirm the order... and it IS the black edition. That email he sent first was just to say i couldnt get it in Alor blue!!! But it sounded like the car couldn't be built at all! So ive got front assist and adaptive cruise control for nout! Not all bad in the end! Just a bit of mis-communication.

4-6 weeks now for delivery, already waited 8 weeks.:cry:

Dammit, I've gone for the red colour from the very start and was hoping I would be the only one with that colour [B)]

Good result in the end with the extra options though :D

I've got a confirmed build week of 45 (next week). I'm due to drive from Glasgow to Manchester then to Liverpool on Dec 2nd so praying they get the car to me before then but not getting my hopes up :cry:

Ian09

Oct 17, 2016
Dammit, I've gone for the red colour from the very start and was hoping I would be the only one with that colour [B)]

Good result in the end with the extra options though :D

I've got a confirmed build week of 45 (next week). I'm due to drive from Glasgow to Manchester then to Liverpool on Dec 2nd so praying they get the car to me before then but not getting my hopes up :cry:

Yeah not a bad result with the extras but i didn't want red! Cant have it all i suppose!

I havent been given a build week BUT he said it was at the same stage as my original order (i was thinking that the red one was all built and ready, but wasnt the case) the wait continues!

Good luck!

Pharxide

Nov 2, 2016
I ordered my Alor blue BE 5 door hatchback 1st September. Originally told delivery 2nd Dec. No confirmed build week yet, but phoned today and told still go on the Alor blue. I've asked for a triple check as don't want to find out in 2 weeks time that I'm back of the queue for the white.

lazybill

Jul 10, 2016
I ordered my Alor blue BE 5 door hatchback 1st September. Originally told delivery 2nd Dec. No confirmed build week yet, but phoned today and told still go on the Alor blue. I've asked for a triple check as don't want to find out in 2 weeks time that I'm back of the queue for the white.

From my experience so far the date you get given carries no value. The confirmation of the build week is the first real indication of when your car will arrive and whether or not the colour you ordered is even still available. Seat seem a bit all over the place with it, i'd imagine it is down to the sheer amount of orders they got when the good deals came out.

Last edited:

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015
Really pissed off with SEAT here. They knew they wouldn't be able to meat the orders, yet allowed people to order anyway to build up hype. My order hasn't been cancelled yet, that I know of, but it's disgustingly poor customer service all round.

Just read that people were quoted a few weeks build time for the GTI deal, which has now just about tripled. DON'T PROMISE WHAT YOU CAN'T DELIVER VAG.

Last edited:

Fuse100

Oct 11, 2016
Just called them......again.

On for week 46 and no change to Monsoon Grey for me...

Phew.

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
Gutted for you guys having this crap from cars ordered weeks ago. Hope they resolve it and you at least get a car albeit in a different colour. There isn't a bad colour for a cupra in my book.

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
Alor blue now removed from configurator along with dynamic grey.
You'd think they would remove the cupra as a whole from it if you can't order one now.

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
I've been told I can have sand price if I wait for the new one but have to wait for March to place order then another 10-12 weeks for delivery .... that's another 6 months..... yeah right

Fuse100

Oct 11, 2016
I've been told I can have sand price if I wait for the new one but have to wait for March to place order then another 10-12 weeks for delivery .... that's another 6 months..... yeah right

So has yours been cancelled purely down to the colour? did you have a say in cancelling it?

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
Nope no say in it..... just cancelled..... now I'm tempted to pay the extra and go for a 140i

Fuse100

Oct 11, 2016
Nope no say in it..... just cancelled..... now I'm tempted to pay the extra and go for a 140i

That's really bad, i'd be furious.

The 140 & 240 are like rocking horse poo at the minute. Nobody can get them and all going for the older versions.

Lease deals on either are now crazy prices. Hence the Cupra.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members