what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Brucey CUPRA

Oct 18, 2016
Co. Durham
Yeah it's the TRC one. Got them to fit it when I was nearby. Going to get the outer edges of it wrapped in white to blend with the skirts, and get the middle of the bumper lower grill section in black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks really nice, really like that. Wasn't sure when I first saw the TRC splitter on there website but now it's on the 'to do list' along with the side skirts. Cheers for the photo :)

trebor

Dec 13, 2014
Worcester
So, a week after picking up the 290 I thought it was time I did some work.

Fitted my BlackVue dash cam and wired into the fuse box behind the glovebox. Easy half hour job.

My winter wheels/tyres were delivered - 225/45 R17 Dunlop Winter Sport 5 on Borbet rims:

I fitted my TRC front splitter: Took about 3 hrs all in, including making my ramps.

Front end raised for better access:

Splitter fitted:

It's been a good day :D

Last edited:

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Splitter looks good. How did you mount? With supplied fitting kit? And did you go in via the wheel arches? I'm planning to fit mine soon so any info you can share would be good. And which blackvue did you go for? I'm undecided on either the 650s or thinkware f770.

nicknameless

Aug 1, 2016

Fitted my BlackVue dash cam and wired into the fuse box behind the glovebox. Easy half hour job.

My winter wheels/tyres were delivered - 225/45 R17 Dunlop Winter Sport 5 on Borbet rims:

I fitted my TRC front splitter: Took about 3 hrs all in, including making my ramps.

Splitter fitted:

Where did you get the winters mate? Cost?

trebor

Dec 13, 2014
Worcester
Splitter looks good. How did you mount? With supplied fitting kit? And did you go in via the wheel arches? I'm planning to fit mine soon so any info you can share would be good. And which blackvue did you go for? I'm undecided on either the 650s or thinkware f770.

Yes, installed it with the supplied fixings. The front 7 are pretty straightforward but the end 2 where you have to go through the wheel arch liner are quite difficult to get at - in fact I ended up drilling 2 new holes a bit closer to the end than the ones that were there and this made it much easier.

I have the BlackVue DR600GW with Power Magic box to keep power to the device when parked. Been using it for about a year now and its been reliable.

murcutt

Feb 12, 2014
Replaced the Bridgestones on the front with Pilot Sport 4s. Wouldn't have expected such a huge difference but the wheel spin is practically gone and the axle tramp is gone. Got about another 5000 miles on the rears and they'll be changed over too.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Yes, installed it with the supplied fixings. The front 7 are pretty straightforward but the end 2 where you have to go through the wheel arch liner are quite difficult to get at - in fact I ended up drilling 2 new holes a bit closer to the end than the ones that were there and this made it much easier.

I have the BlackVue DR600GW with Power Magic box to keep power to the device when parked. Been using it for about a year now and its been reliable.
Thanks for the info. Did you still need to go in via the wheel arches even though you drilled new holes?

trebor

Dec 13, 2014
Worcester
Thanks for the info. Did you still need to go in via the wheel arches even though you drilled new holes?

Yes, but bolt was only 3 inches inside to reach not 5-6 inches so was much easier to get the washer and nut on.
Didn't need car jacked up or wheel off once hole was drilled, just steering to full lock to allow access

Last edited:

PM3

Aug 19, 2016
Hampshire
It was actually yesterday my Leon and I drove to Staines. I was driving up the M3 towards the M25 and turned my 'Tw*t' Nav on while I was in the 50 average speed section of the motorway. As I got close to the Woking exit the female navigator chirps up, 'Due to congestion we are altering the route, leave the motorway at exit for Woking'.
So I do as I'm told and follow the directions. One mile later she chirps up again, 'Due to congestion we are altering the route, so I follow the directions, and you've guessed it, I re-join the motorway at the same junction I left it, about 3 miles in total. Traffic was moving the whole time, even on the M25. How bizzarre!:confused:

DANFR180

Feb 8, 2016

Splitter fitted:

TRC logo ?

MEZ44

Aug 7, 2016
Went down to EMP performance today and got the two middle silencers removed. Sounds a lot better!
Crackles and pops

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
Just on my way on 15 k service today.while waiting,im going to have a test drive with new ateca.

Edit: my trip is over. Service is completed.
Ateca is one fun car to drive,test car was almost fully loaded(so is the price)-too bad it is not snow yet,that i could try 4wd :-D

VAG Familia

Last edited:

NotApplicable

Newbie....at my age?????
Mar 26, 2016
Somerset
Had Stage 2 done. Actually, yesterday. Blimey, it's scary how quickly it gets to the speed limit.

APR downpipe and Milltek actually quieter than standard exhaust when pootling along.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.