Auto-fold mirrors on lock and reversing

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Anyone on here know why the option for auto-fold mirror on lock and auto-dipping N/S mirror on reverse doesn't actually work, even though selected in the options menus?

ma9mwah

Aug 13, 2009
auto-fold is strangely named. You still have to tell the car to fold them (holding the lock button down for 2-3 seconds when locking).

For the mirror, make sure its set to L (not R as stated in the manual). Once in reverse move the mirror to the position you want. It will then return to normal when going forward above >6mph. (There was a 6 month period in late 2013 when the reverse mirror option was disabled)

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
auto-fold is strangely named. You still have to tell the car to fold them (holding the lock button down for 2-3 seconds when locking).

For the mirror, make sure its set to L (not R as stated in the manual). Once in reverse move the mirror to the position you want. It will then return to normal when going forward above >6mph. (There was a 6 month period in late 2013 when the reverse mirror option was disabled)

Many thanks mate. Thing is, if you press and hold the lock button for 2-3s, you also disable the volumetric sensors as a by-product.

As for reverse dipping mirrors, do I set it to L, shove it in reverse, the adjust the mirror down and leave it and when I drive it away it will reset to 'as-before' - does it also mean that if I leave it on L and select reverse, it will remember the dipped position?

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
You set the mirror to drop as per manual but leave the adjuster in the L position to get it to drop each time you select reverse

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
Many thanks mate. Thing is, if you press and hold the lock button for 2-3s, you also disable the volumetric sensors as a by-product.

As for reverse dipping mirrors, do I set it to L, shove it in reverse, the adjust the mirror down and leave it and when I drive it away it will reset to 'as-before' - does it also mean that if I leave it on L and select reverse, it will remember the dipped position?

Yes on the mirror.

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Sorted on the mirror dipping front - cheers! My two workmates have FR's and just assumed that the function didn't work for some reason.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members