For those unsure on the ST 290 exhaust

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I thought that the new 290 exhaust had the mid-box resonator deleted. Reason I ask, is that I had a nosy under the car yesterday and it's there clear as day!

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015
Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I thought that the new 290 exhaust had the mid-box resonator deleted. Reason I ask, is that I had a nosy under the car yesterday and it's there clear as day!

I thought the SC and 5 door had it deleted but the ST kept it?

br.adam

Jul 8, 2016

I also had a look & there is definitely a silencer sitting just in front of the back box.

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
yeah exactly, with the weather the way it is now, its not easy to attempt to force it, second gear is interrupted by the ESC and third gear you're struggling not to plough into someone in front. Also, in cupra mode on low revs, does anyone else think it has a slight diesely sound to it??

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
yeah exactly, with the weather the way it is now, its not easy to attempt to force it, second gear is interrupted by the ESC and third gear you're struggling not to plough into someone in front. Also, in cupra mode on low revs, does anyone else think it has a slight diesely sound to it??

My Dad asked if it was a diesel!

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
when I first got in it, I actually wondered if they had delivered a Diesel FR or something, until I hit 3000 rpm and it hit the sweet spot!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members