• Bank loan

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • Manufacture HP

Votes: 16 11.8%

• Total voters

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
Promotional vehicle

My 280 ST DSG had been used as a promotional vehicle at a cycling event, the gran fondo, which came to Ireland for some reason. It had just under 4k miles on it and was 10 months old. Anyway, it came fully loaded, asides from the performance pack. It would have come in at near 36k list price, they had it on for a good while, dropped the price to 24k, I haggled to 22750. Avoided a hefty chunk of depreciation. I do realise that they can be bought cheaper with more haggling from new than the official price, but I think I did OK. I've fitted the Brembos to it and am chuffed with it. Always look forward to getting behind the wheel.

Raymondo111

Apr 6, 2015
The car market is too much of a guessing game. I got a 25k car on lease for 7k over the 2 years(15k PA FR Titanium 184). I saw leasing as a way to get a brand new car I otherwise would of been stretching myself to buy. I sold my old car for cash that practically paid for the lease so over the next 2 years I can flexibly save to put into another lease or towards a second hand car. The flexibility to save myself made more sense than getting into pcp or personal loan business where someone is always going to be knocking at your door for that money regardless of circumstance, this way I know my lease has paid for itself so whatever the future brings in terms of my employment, financial status etc I'm safe in the knowledge I won't end up with a bailiff at my door.

As for depreciation I like being in the knowledge that it's not going to be my problem, I could of picked up a 65 plate used FR Titanium for 16-18k which is about what I'm paying anyway and at the mileage I do a 66 plate with 30,000 on the clock in 2 years will be a hard sell.

How you go about acquiring a car I guess depends on circumstance, if you can afford to buy one outright, why not. If you don't want to worry about having to sell it, leasing is great. Besides, I get bored of cars and this way I can get another one in a couple of years and that made a lot of sense to me

I know this a Poll thread but I did add my details earlier on 0% finance deal for 3 years, this gave me an extra £1k off the new car for taking out finance plus I got at least another £3k off by using CarWow. However, in the 20 months I have owned my car the value has dropped by £5750 at least so it's cost me £287.50 per month in depreciation.

I have ordered a VW Tiguan 1.4 150 BMT SE Nav on PCH which will cost me £278.40 a month when amortised, so in my case I am getting a more expensive car and paying less money and this is not one of the super cheap deals that were about on recent PCH deals. It's still reasonably cheap but I noticed that prices have crept up so maybe they have reached their targets and withdrawn a lot of the deals.

This is my first PCH but I have had PCP deals in the past but the last few cars have been bought so I will see how this pans out.:)

LeonFRTDi

MrGadget
Jan 29, 2005
Northsostishire
CASH is king. bought outright. v happy with deal on 9month old Car over New Price.
Dont do many miles anyways.
Keep it atleast 5 years but probs longer.
Would buy another mk1 LEON FR TDi again tomorrow if they still made them.
they can keep the 2017 facelifted model & there electric handbrakes.
Mk3 Benefits 184horses & £20 RoadTax Thx v much.
Negatives i guess the DPF but i do let it run its Regen cycle fully.
VAG Petrols all going to get DPF's soon i see.

PM3

Aug 19, 2016
Hampshire
Have had two Leons both bought at 14 months old with 4,000 & 8,000 miles on clock respectively. I had the first one 7 1/2 years and have had the present one 3 months. Plan to keep it for similar length of time. Paid cash/part ex for both.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.