Cupra Recaros

[email protected]

Sep 21, 2016
Hi guys, I have 04 mk1 cupra , it has standard seats with the Recaro stitched logos, I've never seen another cupra with these, does anybody know ,were they an option or something, ? Cheers Barry.

andycupra

status subject to change
is this a cupra, or cupra R?

the cupra R had an option for recaros.
early ones could have rear recaros also, but this was later changed to just fronts.
and yes these are quite rare. in fact some commented that they did not appear different enough from the standard seats to justify the cost.
so your may well be recaro, not standard. (as in you have factory option recaro)

The cupra, did NOT have a factory option for recaros, very early cupras had leather electric memory seats, which then became options.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Sep 21, 2016
No mate, just a 180 cupra, they look the same style and shape as the standard seats but have the recaro logo on, just like the golf gti. (But they haven't been swapped out from a golf) Weird! I been looking at every cupra for sale etc, and haven't one Yet!
Thanks for your reply.

irf

Feb 5, 2014
These are the leon recaros.

recaros.jpg

These are the normal seats.

KGrHqFlsE2FV86FLwBNiGpbpjzQ_12.jpg

Images from a random google search.

andycupra

status subject to change
ok so seatcupra.net does not allow you to enter pics in threads. ie you cannot load directly to the forum.
Instead there are sites such as photobucket which are places you can upload and store images.
You can then put a link to an image stored in this way by entering the web link.
There are also web links which have IMG prefixes,. these links automatically open to show the link detail.
This means you can upload to photobucket (others available), then copy the img link, post that to here and then when you view it shows the image.
If you look at some older threads on here, you can sometimes see a RED CROSS instead of a pic, this is where the link no longer works, for example if the image is deleted at the hosting website.

In the case of photobucket when i go into my account and view an image, on the right hand side of the page there are 4 types of links to the photo, one of which is IMG, when i click on this it says 'copied' i then just paste that link on here.

below should show a pic from my photobucket page,
(unfortunate place to have the exhaust pipe)

if you click on the photo below it should open up a new window where you can see the web address. or right click and copy weblink, you can see this photo is from my photobucket account so is not actually held on the seatcupra/net server.

Last edited:

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
You can upload images directly actually if you use the forum through Tapatalk.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members