Installing Fan washers

Manveru

Leon MkIII Fan
Jun 13, 2016
Bracknell
Installed such, but I have problem on the right side. On highest position possible most of the stream hits the arm of the wiper. Is it possible I have wrong variant?

The other issue is that water returns back to the container and doesn't stay in the pipes, so it takes very long before it starts spraying after I pull the switch. Sometimes wipers start even before they start spraying. Anyone solve that problem?

Last edited:

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Installed such, but I have problem on the right side. On highest position possible most of the stream hits the arm of the wiper. Is it possible I have wrong variant?

The other issue is that water returns back to the container and doesn't stay in the pipes, so it takes very long before it starts spraying after I pull the switch. Sometimes wipers start even before they start spraying. Anyone solve that problem?

They leak in the washer its self and drain out the little hole, which leaks all over the scuttle panel rubber. In my case sticks the rubber slightly to the bonnet when you open but more so stained my bonnet paint with the color of the screen wash. Plus any not leaked out drips when you have bonnet open.

This is what I found anyway.

Combination of this meant I sent mine back (they were genuine ones) and have old ones back on.

As for the aim of yours, not tried adjusting them? They fit several cars.

Last edited:

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013

In their quest for saving 1/2p , SEAT have not seen fit to insert a non return valve into the tubing. They can be purchased from car shops

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Not sure, how to recognize? These doesn't have allen screw, but the one for flat screw.

Compare yours to the pictures and info on the first post?

Should have Allen screw and logo/part number or at least mine did.

Sounds like a bad copy to me.

Last edited:

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
Not sure, how to recognize? These doesn't have allen screw, but the one for flat screw.
I have these ones also... I found that the original pistol spray jets squirmed at the wiper arm. It's just how they're situated under the bonnet and the position of the arm. I never found it an issue as when the wiper arm moves it then hits the screen.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Matt_Beaky

Dec 3, 2016
Surrey, UK
Thanks for all the info in this topic. I hate the jet washers, as you have to use double the amount of water, and can never get them lined up properly (I currently have one shooting the car behind me! :rolleyes:)

I have just ordered my fan ones, so hopefully will have the same success as others in this topic!

I'm new here, and been the proud owner of a 64 plate Leon FR TDI for just 3 weeks now and love it!! :D
I have already gained a lot of tips and advice since being a member on here.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise