stage 2 remap southyorkshire ????

ibizakie

Sep 13, 2014
hello new to posting on the forum and could do with some help, i have a mk2 seat leon fr tfsi

after installing a intake and decat exhaust i am looking to go for a stage 2 remap, what options do i have of places to go to get a remap in the south Yorkshire area.

i have heard that you should check the pcv and diverter valve before the remap so would be nice if any of the recommendations would check them before hand.

any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Shaun

Aug 21, 2016
If you are going on a dyno and having a remap then I would recommend the basics such as fresh oil of a 5w40 grade, new spark plugs decent fuel (high octane) and yes check your diverter valve which on the fr is a k03 turbo and is located down on the turbo next to the front wheel. a must is to inspect your cam follower on the hpfp and replace as required. then for piece of mind have correct tyre pressures and make sure coolant levels are topped up and not too old, in all make sure your car is as healthy as possible as the dyno will highlight any weaknesses in your car.
As for where to get it mapped I have no clue in south Yorkshire.

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
If you're on the original clutch, it might start to slip and give way with a stage 2, just something to think about.

ibizakie

Sep 13, 2014
Thanks for the reply's guys. i will be going to r-tech seems like the best option, however just cant decide on getting stage 2 or getting the 2+ hpfp done at the same time while its down. do you think its worth it or would you recommend getting a s3 intercoooler first? :shrug: or can it be done later.

ibizakie

Sep 13, 2014
If you are going on a dyno and having a remap then I would recommend the basics such as fresh oil of a 5w40 grade, new spark plugs decent fuel (high octane) and yes check your diverter valve which on the fr is a k03 turbo and is located down on the turbo next to the front wheel. a must is to inspect your cam follower on the hpfp and replace as required. then for piece of mind have correct tyre pressures and make sure coolant levels are topped up and not too old, in all make sure your car is as healthy as possible as the dyno will highlight any weaknesses in your car.
As for where to get it mapped I have no clue in south Yorkshire.

thanks for the tips will definitely take note much appreciated

aaronb84

Feb 25, 2013
Brighton
I would save yourself some £££ long term and get the S3 IC and HPFP first then just go straight to stage 2+.

I did the whole 1, 2, 2+ route and it ended up costing me more than direct to stage 2+.

The difference between stage 1 and stage 2 isn't that noticeable on the road. R-Tech Stage 2+ is a different beast.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.