A few issues.

loonitic

Jun 16, 2013
Morning, I have a 07 Cupra and have some questions/issues.

First my left wing mirror has decided to stop folding in (can still be adjusted etc). Any ideas where to start looking as to what it could be?

Second. I suspect this is thermostat but worth asking just in case. I have temp drops as in will get to 90 then drop down again and rise and so on. So stat or temp sensor?

Third... VCDS lite does this work mk2 cupra's or do I need to the full version? I have lite installed and it worked well with my mk1 LCR. I can get to communicate when testing the ports but cant find my engine code which I assume is 1P?

Thanks in advance.

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
First one - My mirrors are fecked too so I don't used them

Second one is same as what I just had. Took ages to get to temp, poor MPG and on long run would drop back from 90 to 70/80'ish.

New Thermostat fixed it. Also got the 4 pin coolant temp sensor done, as it big job to do the thermo and the sensor is on the same area.

Make sure you use genuine parts for both.

Last edited:

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
Has to be a genuine thermostat otherwise it doesn't seal up and you end up with it leaking around the thermostat.

Does it leak straight away or over time?

I got a leak after about a week and the garage said it was the coolant flange over at gearbox. I had my doubts, but they changed it and leak is away. I did read that the flange can warp over time due to heat, so maybe the engine getting to temp warped it.

I did say to use genuine parts and the guy said himself it was a genuine part as it was a big job to do twice.

The coolant flange does look new, and he knows I knew what I was talking about with it all.

Last edited:

loonitic

Jun 16, 2013
Cheers for the head sup regarding the thermostat. Oddly my wing mirror decided to start working again which is nice but this morning my car had a weird lumpy idle as if it was only running on 3 , turned the engine off and back on and it seemed fine.

So back to my other question VCDS lite anybody got it working?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.