Cupra 280 Neuspeed Bush Insert review

Trettiosjuan

Jan 21, 2016
Looks like a good offering, well thought out with seperate offerings for each mount type and choice of four executions:
- Regular (both comfort and performance) looks very similar to the Neuspeed offer
- Race (harder, track use only)
- Diesel (softer to not cause excessive noise?)
- Hybrid (replaces complete lower half of bush and inserts for the upper, without subframe removal).

Have a look under your car to see which mount type you have.

Trettiosjuan

Jan 21, 2016
Ordered the hybrid version for mine as I still get wheel hop with the Neuspeed even though it is much less severe (and comfort is great). Anyhow a solid bush is better than an insert, and if it can be done halfway without removing the subframe.... I'll report back on how it affects comfort and how much a pain it is to remove the original.

Last edited:

br.adam

Jul 8, 2016
Ordered the hybrid version for mine as I still get wheel hop with the Neuspeed even though it is much less severe (and comfort is great). Anyhow a solid bush is better than an insert, and if it can be done halfway without removing the subframe.... I'll report back on how it affects comfort and how much a pain it is to remove the original.

Thanks for the link. Some interesting options on offer. Thinking hybrid too, as long as the installation process isn't too difficult for a novice like myself. Really keen to reduce the wheel-hop which is driving me potty. Look forward to hearing how you get on.

Trettiosjuan

Jan 21, 2016
Insert will be a lot easier, much less things that can go awry. Probably very similar results, I'm mostly curious but won't prioritise installing the hybrid so could be some time before I have a go at it.
The insert I even managed to assemble without lifting the car, was a bit awkward though but possible.

Trettiosjuan

Jan 21, 2016
Had a look today when changing oil. After 6000miles the Neuspeed looks in perfect shape.
To get the hybrid one in, the lower part needs to come out, seems like the only way to get the lower part out is to chop it up. Not really ready to do that yet. Perhaps come spring when I get more hopping I'll have a go... And know what part to order in case I don't like the result.

Last edited:

Trettiosjuan

Jan 21, 2016
Here a good new vid showing the hassle in removing the lower original bush.

https://youtu.be/8vNRLt2pZAM

I have returned the hybrid and now have the powerflex track version insert, to be installed come spring. We'll see if that will give an even better compromise

Last edited:

Eggy

Jun 3, 2016
Estonia
I so hate that wheel hop, it sounds so destructive and hard to the car :( Is it officially OK by SEAT? It just have to be like that etc..? I would not like to mess with the warranty, but really would like to get the go away.

strell

Nov 30, 2016
Does anyone know if there is a difference between this shape Leon and the MK2 with regards to these mounts?

Trettiosjuan

Jan 21, 2016
Similar concept to the mk2, but you need to get an insert that exactly matches your mk3 mount that comes in two versions. On that criteria, I would suggest the Powerflex ones are the best bet with two shape versions to fit the two variants of the mount, and each available in four different hardnesses, from soft diesel (red), regular (yellow), track/high-power (purple) to race (black). So you can choose your compromise between comfort and performance. Reasonably priced and decent hardware. Still have to install mine though instead of the Neuspeed.

As for warranty, long term it is possible that you wear out the mount itself quicker because of friction with the insert (this is why a close fit is important), but that should be long past the warranty period. Can't see how they would object having it there otherwise. If anything, it should keep things from breaking...

Last edited:

strell

Nov 30, 2016
Thanks. Shame it isn't the same as I have a mount from my old S3 8p that I never fitted and know that's the same as the MK2 Leon.

Springrollz

Jul 22, 2016
London
I so hate that wheel hop, it sounds so destructive and hard to the car :( Is it officially OK by SEAT? It just have to be like that etc..? I would not like to mess with the warranty, but really would like to get the go away.
Just go for it you won't regret. On top, how would they be able to trace it back to that if anything does go wrong when you remove it, it leaves zero trace

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015
Just go for it you won't regret. On top, how would they be able to trace it back to that if anything does go wrong when you remove it, it leaves zero trace

Most people aren't that keen on removing dogbone mounts and stuff for e.g. a simple oil change (been there done that). If you're in an accident and gets towed I guess you won't remove it either (not been there yet :rolleyes:).

Trettiosjuan

Jan 21, 2016
To void warranty because you added an insert shouldn't be legal, unless you apply for warranty because the bushing or torque arm (dogbone) broke obviously.

Realistically, they won't care unless you have a problem directly related to it.

strell

Nov 30, 2016
Ok. It's dark and feeezing outside. Is there anyway to tell which version of the powerflex mount I need?
It's a Cupra 290 black edition on a 66 plate

Trettiosjuan

Jan 21, 2016
Vin number can help, but best way to be sure is to put your phone on a piece of cardboard and from the left side of the car (it's located slightly off centre to the left in driving direction), film the underside between the front wheels of your car moving the cardboard slowly with the flashlight on. Review footage, take screenshot of mount and delete movie.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.