Autocar - Cupra 300 4wd HATCH?

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Who cares? 4WD makes a car boring. Point and shoot. Point and shoot. Repeat, repeat. Zzzz.

I'll take the balance of my Cupra's FWD chassis any day over a 4WD model.

Matt280

Jan 14, 2015
Who cares? 4WD makes a car boring. Point and shoot. Point and shoot. Repeat, repeat. Zzzz.

I'll take the balance of my Cupra's FWD chassis any day over a 4WD model.

Completely agree. Apart from the really bad weather days, but then I take the wife's 4x4 anyway!!

Ken H

Dec 20, 2015
Cork , Ireland
Completely agree. Apart from the really bad weather days, but then I take the wife's 4x4 anyway!!

Enjoying the st 290 so much that if it's something that seat will be putting into production I will most definitely be test driving the car and probably purchasing.

xSullx

Jul 16, 2012
Estonia
Another link suggest there will a standard cupra, and then the rebirth of the cupra r, which will be awd and have the audi virtual cockpit.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2017-seat-leon-cupra-r-prototype-has-awd-quad-exhaust-113110.html
From the Autoevolution article: "The prototype has a 5-door body that sits even lower than a regular Cupra on what seem to be 20-inch wheels."
20" rims is surely a bit overkill? I would hope to upgrade my 1.4 TSI FR to a Cupra, when the lease is done (that's still 3.5 years away mind you). And I even hope to avoid the 19" rims coming standard with the 290. Then again, it's just rumors and speculation based on a few spy shots, let's see how things turn out.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members