2017 Leon!!!

xSullx

Jul 16, 2012
Estonia
So will the FR model be having this monstrosity in the middle of the grill? Who would sign off such a design?

The German configurator shows it as default - even when cruise control/radar etc isn't selected. I'm hoping it's a mistake?!
This monstrosity is nothing new for the facelift. This was already with the initial Mk3 model:
Seat-Leon_ST-2014-1280-01.jpg

Ashworth

Feb 2, 2010
Nottinghamshire
I spoke to a SEAT dealer this morning, who confirmed that the 1.8TSi petrol engine option will not be available on any of the 2017 facelifted SEAT Leon model variants or trim levels in the UK, leaving the existing 1.4TSi 150PS engine as the most powerful petrol engine in the UK apart from the petrol engine in the still to be announced facelifted Cupra.

Very disappointing, as I was hoping to replace my existing 1.8TSi petrol DSG Leon with a new one with the same brilliant engine and gearbox combination.

I notice according to the configurator on the German SEAT website, that the 1.8TSi petrol engine option continues to be available for the 2017 facelifted SEAT Leon for the German market.

My local dealer rang me yesterday as he knew that I was intending changing my car in April/May next year before it gets to 4 years old and requires service MOT etc. I currently have a 1.8Tsi manual and was intending ordering another 1.8 but this time a DSG version. I mentioned to him that I'd heard rumours that the 1.8 may not be available after the facelift and he knew nothing about this. He had been led to believe that all the current engines would initially still be available at least until the proposed 1.5 becomes available.

I said I would wait until full details of the facelift models are available in the UK and then get back to him sometime in December when I know for certain if the 1.8Tsi is available or not. If the 1.8 isn't going to be available I will ask if it is still possible to get me a pre facelift car perhaps at a reduced price! The other alternatives are to settle for the 1.4Tsi ACT or even consider the VW Golf 1.4 ACT GT. Although more expensive the Golf GT does come with lots of equipment included and I understand that it also has the independent rear suspension and better breaks that my current Seat 1.8 Tsi FR has.

Renex

Nov 17, 2016
Moscow, Russia
Hi! How do you think, will it be possible to install 2017 8" media reciever with car play/android auto support to my "old" Leon 2014?
And how much can it cost?

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Hi! How do you think, will it be possible to install 2017 8" media reciever with car play/android auto support to my "old" Leon 2014?
And how much can it cost?

no it wont, its very complicated, I tried to install 6.5

GazGT

Jun 25, 2005
Manchester
A collection of my random thoughts

Damn. The timing of this facelift has really screwed with my new car order!

Car should have been ordered weeks ago but the fleet manager spent forever getting alternative quotes. When they were finally ready to move forward it was too late. They are not accepting any new orders on the existing model. :cry:

I had spec'd an alor blue FR ST with 18" 'performance' wheels. Alor blue has been withdrawn, and I'm not sure what's happening with the wheels - they are on the final accessories page of that German configurator which I assume means they are dealer fit. Price has jumped a lot for them.

Glad they didn't change things too much on the looks. I might end up going for the purple in xcellence trim.

Was looking forward to having a normal handbrake again. :rolleyes:

Dashboard and centre console look to be higher quality than the outgoing model

Hope the new model is offered with a heated windscreen.

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Funny Autocar don't indicate it's the ST only version thats lined up for 4WD that's been seen on the pricelists.. almost indicating that SC and Hatch have something else coming.

Either lazy journalism or future Cupra R related stuff?

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I've messaged Autocar about this, they are a week late and also forget one vital detail from the article.

shame really as they belong to a collection of publications and all the other publications have managed to report on it correctly.

Glarh

Apr 6, 2016
I think it looks really nice. The more aggressive bumper etc looks good

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
The zoom on the sat nav is a little embarrassing. I'm not a heavy nav user so those things are not deal breakers for me but wow surely someone considered that during testing. It'll put some people off.

This update is a bit of a catch up rather than anything to shout about. The mk3 has always been a good looking car from the start. Makes sense why it didn't appear in Paris now.

FRTSIman

Aug 2, 2013
I've heard that the pdf brochure for the new SEAT Leon Model Year 2017 (facelifted version) will be posted on the SEAT UK website on Monday 28th of November 2016.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.