Exhaust limit 2.0tfsi?

Speedy83

Nov 14, 2016
Hi,

Looking to upgrade my mk2 and debating with myself regarding if uppgradera of exhaust i necessery or not.

My plan is to with time end up around 280 hp. Does stock exhaust manage this if i just change the downpipe you think or do i have to go all the way with turbo back?

iDan

Feb 3, 2016
Worcester - West Midlands
Is your car the FR or the Cupra?

Im pretty sure the "rule of thumb" is downpipe for performance, catback for sound. I dont think the catback makes any difference at all to performance figures, its the downpipe that does.

A healthy cupra can make 280bhp completely stock.
I think with the FR its quite a bit more expensive to hit those kinds of figures though, im pretty sure you need the hpfp upgrade, exhaust, air intake and decat downpipe to hit those figures, but dont quote me on that.

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
There is a restriction on the standard cat back section where the pipe meets the backbox

Speedy83

Nov 14, 2016
Tank you for input!

I have the 185hp model so don't know if there's any differens between them.

So maybe some restriction there then. Question is how much, just have to change the dp and cat would be nice of course.

Yes for 280 i will need to get rs4 fuel regulator, hpfp, dp and air intake at least. Hope the IC will manage it.

Last edited:

aaronb84

Feb 25, 2013
Brighton
I would suggest you will need an S3 IC to get those numbers and to maximise the torque. Very much doubt you will need the RS4 valve. I have just gone stage 2+ on my FR and don't have the RS4 valve. I made 283bhp and 331 ft-lb at R-Tech

Speedy83

Nov 14, 2016
I would suggest you will need an S3 IC to get those numbers and to maximise the torque. Very much doubt you will need the RS4 valve. I have just gone stage 2+ on my FR and don't have the RS4 valve. I made 283bhp and 331 ft-lb at R-Tech

Interesting!

Regarding the RS4 valve it's the tuner who says it will be needed when getting close to 280, but that might just be a precaution from them, tho they also says it's a good update to do even on stock car... The S3 IC would be a quite cheap solution i guess and possible to find a used one in good condition. But it's the work of fitting it that scares me off big time :) just looked att some clips of a IC change on a Golf V GTI and it looks terrible to do :think:

What about your exhaust, do you have full updated turboback?

Can it be som differens when i have the 185hp in opposit to your FR that has if im not wrong 200hp?

aaronb84

Feb 25, 2013
Brighton
I have a milltek 200 cell sport cat downpipe and full cat back from them. I believe it all helps to achieve better flow.

Standard with the Revo intake, exhaust and Airtec Stage 2 IC I made 220bhp.

I am not sure on the difference between the 185bhp and 200 bhp engines.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
Yup, what iDan said, you'll need a downpipe and sports cat to get most of the performance gains. I have a 3" downpipe and sports cat that mates to the stock 2.75" catback system, so it does get narrower.

A full turbo back system will give maximum results.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.