I've now signed all my docs & will be collecting on 9th December [B)]

CUPRAB

Sep 24, 2016
When I get the Car in Jan.....
Monsoon Grey so will see how it looks.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hogey

Jul 6, 2016
Sorry I meant of your last one. I've also thought about having a practice run on my 184 before it goes back

CUPRAB

Sep 24, 2016
ba5b423466990f210669d40ffe7fe731.jpg

Only one on my phone!!

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Mini write up so far:

I’ve just ticked over the 600 miles mile mark today and it’s safe to say that I love it! I was very used to how fast my Megane 225 went to the point that it didn’t feel fast anymore – passengers didn’t agree! This feels like a rocket ship in comparison, which it should do with nearly 40% more power! I love the way it pulls in 3rd and 4th gear and can’t get enough of how good the VAQ diff works the front end as you counter-intuitively apply more power to tighten your line round a corner. You don’t even need to be going license losing speeds to appreciate how good the car is. The steering is quicker than the Megane (especially in Cupra mode) and takes a little less input than you think on turn in – the tactile feedback thought the steering wheel is a little numb but that’s fairly par for the course on the newer MQB cars (and most modern cars to be honest!)
The exhaust isn’t as loud from the inside as I thought it would be, but the crack you get between gear change at around 4-5k is more than loud enough. Sometimes you’re rewarded to pops when you rev match gear-changes going down the box, but I suspect that this will increase as the exhaust beds on more (It does pop and burble on overrun but only below 3.5-4k). I’m very used to my Megane popping and banging everywhere as I’ve had the rear silencer removed, but it’s a similar sound. As for the oft maligned fake engine noise piped in when on Cupra mode, I don’t find it nearly as annoying as most do. To me, it sounds like induction noise from a decent after-market intake so my inner boy-racer quite likes it. The bucket seats are supportive without being closeting and the fit and finish seems very good so far. Having heated seats is bonus on these cold days too and only takes 30s or so before you start to feel the effects. The only negative I have so far is the violent wheel hop if you try to apply too much throttle in 1st to 3rd gear – it sounds like the lower gearbox mount has shattered! The Conti 5P’s aren’t the best in the wet so you just have to learn to modulate the throttle to the conditions – something you have to do to any car really. I do wish the default was Pilot Super Sports as for me, they are the best tyre I’ve ever used on the road in either dry or wet conditions.

To summarise – it’s everything you expect it to be and more!

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Mini write up so far:

I’ve just ticked over the 600 miles mile mark today and it’s safe to say that I love it! I was very used to how fast my Megane 225 went to the point that it didn’t feel fast anymore – passengers didn’t agree! This feels like a rocket ship in comparison, which it should do with nearly 40% more power! I love the way it pulls in 3rd and 4th gear and can’t get enough of how good the VAQ diff works the front end as you counter-intuitively apply more power to tighten your line round a corner. You don’t even need to be going license losing speeds to appreciate how good the car is. The steering is quicker than the Megane (especially in Cupra mode) and takes a little less input than you think on turn in – the tactile feedback thought the steering wheel is a little numb but that’s fairly par for the course on the newer MQB cars (and most modern cars to be honest!)
The exhaust isn’t as loud from the inside as I thought it would be, but the crack you get between gear change at around 4-5k is more than loud enough. Sometimes you’re rewarded to pops when you rev match gear-changes going down the box, but I suspect that this will increase as the exhaust beds on more (It does pop and burble on overrun but only below 3.5-4k). I’m very used to my Megane popping and banging everywhere as I’ve had the rear silencer removed, but it’s a similar sound. As for the oft maligned fake engine noise piped in when on Cupra mode, I don’t find it nearly as annoying as most do. To me, it sounds like induction noise from a decent after-market intake so my inner boy-racer quite likes it. The bucket seats are supportive without being closeting and the fit and finish seems very good so far. Having heated seats is bonus on these cold days too and only takes 30s or so before you start to feel the effects. The only negative I have so far is the violent wheel hop if you try to apply too much throttle in 1st to 3rd gear – it sounds like the lower gearbox mount has shattered! The Conti 5P’s aren’t the best in the wet so you just have to learn to modulate the throttle to the conditions – something you have to do to any car really. I do wish the default was Pilot Super Sports as for me, they are the best tyre I’ve ever used on the road in either dry or wet conditions.

Glad you are enjoying the Cupra, Pilot S Sports will sort out the tramping for you, my car was transformed after putting them on the front.

CUPRAB

Sep 24, 2016
Looks nice still on the Monsoon.. I had bought for my Dynamic...
Bars were around £75 on ebay, only use once a year for Cornwall holiday.

Springrollz

Jul 22, 2016
London
Mini write up so far:

If I were to write a review so far I would have replicated what you've written. I couldn't agree more with everything you said, especially the violent hop during acceleration between 1st-3rd in anything but dry conditions.

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015
How long were people from end of build week to arriving in the UK? My build week is this week, dealer has quoted a 2 week arrival from plant, then a 48 hour turnaround for delivery.

CUPRAB

Sep 24, 2016
Mines week 48 and they have told me late Dec/ Jan......

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016
The lower lip in black looks good on any colour if you ask me, makes it more aggressive looking. I was quoted £60 by a wrapping place. Seems quite a lot for such a small area. May give it a go, but in this weather could be a nightmare.

Still really enjoying the car, just hate the wheel hop. I love the car but you can't beat the awd of the golf R.

Springrollz

Jul 22, 2016
London
The lower lip in black looks good on any colour if you ask me, makes it more aggressive looking. I was quoted £60 by a wrapping place. Seems quite a lot for such a small area. May give it a go, but in this weather could be a nightmare.

Still really enjoying the car, just hate the wheel hop. I love the car but you can't beat the awd of the golf R.
It might be worth considering plasti-dipping it instead . It's a fraction of the of price

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Smiddy

Sep 19, 2016
Somerset, UK
That's a good point, have you ever used it? Can i just spray it on from a can?

Cheers

I've used it once before on my last car to black out the badges, I would test it on something first to try the spray, the other thing is to warm it up a bit first in a jug of warm water, it will spray a lot smoother.

I found if you dont warm it up it can appear slightly lumpy, also this wont be gloss black its more matte black, even with glossifier this basically just adds a shine to it.

I'm sure you have probably found it already but you can buy it directly http://www.plastidip.co.uk/product/aerosol-spray?grid=1

hope that helps.

Mickle

May 25, 2016

Does seem like a lot, I had behind the number plate & the lower lip done on my current FR for £50.

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016
I've used it once before on my last car to black out the badges, I would test it on something first to try the spray, the other thing is to warm it up a bit first in a jug of warm water, it will spray a lot smoother.

I found if you dont warm it up it can appear slightly lumpy, also this wont be gloss black its more matte black, even with glossifier this basically just adds a shine to it.

I'm sure you have probably found it already but you can buy it directly http://www.plastidip.co.uk/product/aerosol-spray?grid=1

hope that helps.

Cheers mate thanks for the link, I'm gonna give this a go looks easier than messing with a wrap, and not too bothered it being matte as its so small its hardly gonna notice.

Dave

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016
Does seem like a lot, I had behind the number plate & the lower lip done on my current FR for £50.

yeah that seems more like it, where abouts are you mate, I'm in the southeast. Wondering if anyone knows of a place that I can take it too? will order the plastidip anyway

Cheers

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.