Rear lights hella

Sc4rface

Nov 17, 2016
Uk
Anyone know if rear replacement lights are easy to install. Thinking of getting some hella rear lights for my silver mk2 Leon. Appreciate some help cheers.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Easy as, 3 nuts per cluster as I recall and just the wiring connector block.
Make sure you have a magnetic socket holder or take your time as the nuts can be tricky to retrieve if you drop them down the bodywork :lol:

Actually that may have been the MK1. The MK2 has a similar number but with a plastic holder you can hand twist off. Either way both Mks are easy enough.

Last edited:

Sc4rface

Nov 17, 2016
Uk
Cheers mate, been looking at the hella rear lights in dark grey but everything so far I have found are right hand drive but where I'm at it's all LHD. But I may look into tinting the standard a bit darker think they would go together with tinted windows and few other mods. Also looking to get a remap and get a bit more power.

Sc4rface

Nov 17, 2016
Uk
Good choice there mate and dectane are all LHD as standard? Not to sure how to convert the RHD to LHD so be easier for me to buy them LHD. Need to find out the exchange rate for euros to pounds and make see what shipping they offer. What lights you got on yours looking smart mate. Blacking out the seat logo how did you sort that out. Does that bumper come as standard or body kit extra beast mate.

Sc4rface

Nov 17, 2016
Uk
Cheers for the information mate, could not find suitable lights for the life of me. Did u find your car reliable? What car u change over too? Do you reckon it would be risky to remap a 90bhp bxf low miles to a stage one ? Sorry for all the questions buddy just on a mod mad one at the moment!! :)

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Yes car was reliable just a money pit for mods, especially being on here :)
Got a C63 now. Not sure on risky but might not get much gains on that engine.
No probs and good luck with the modding bug.
This forum will have you empty your pockets quicker than being mugged :lol:

Sc4rface

Nov 17, 2016
Uk
Heard a lot of bad news on the bxe and bsl engines con rod destroying engine making the car a complete write off. My engine code is bxf however but not a lot of info on the bxf just hope mine ain't gonna pull any tricks on me especially with a remap wary of parts wearing out quicker etc.
Thanks.

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Yes car was reliable just a money pit for mods, especially being on here :)
Got a C63 now. Not sure on risky but might not get much gains on that engine.
No probs and good luck with the modding bug.
This forum will have you empty your pockets quicker than being mugged :lol:

What year C63 you got? Would love one myself but slightly out of my price range

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Late 2014 coupe. Last of the big N/A 6.2L V8's and cheaper alternative to the newer 4.0 V8 Biturbos :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.