OBDeleven modifications

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland
Seeing as their website is useless, how does this work with regards to buying the device + Pro app, do they email you a code for the Pro version of the app? Someone wants to buy one of these as a Christmas present for me so just checking what the process is before they order.

Cheers!

mick_n3

Jul 23, 2014
Kettering Northants
Seeing as their website is useless, how does this work with regards to buying the device + Pro app, do they email you a code for the Pro version of the app? Someone wants to buy one of these as a Christmas present for me so just checking what the process is before they order.

Cheers!

If you order the pro version you get the pro code in the package

fastnfat

Dec 4, 2010
Birmingham
Here you go:

Activated using OBDEleven myself

20161127_161658_zps2klepabg.jpg

Also I was out and about today and heard the concierge locking up an M3 in the hotel. They were confused by the audible sound because it was the double beep horn lock/unlock. It was on a side laneway, the hotel turnaround, and was quite a noise. I'm glad mine is off because I don't have the chirp sound.

Got it working now by using the adaptions. The app didn't seem to work. You are absolutely right about activating it the infotainment screen but it's after activating using the adaption section. Cheers for that. Btw the FR for the UK market gets an alarm fitted as standard(didn't realise this until today) so just get a chirp when arming the alarm

dsr

Nov 1, 2014
Norwich
A great find, Havsgaard. Thank you.

And a bit further down the page is another useful post = where all the LEDs are for the various mods. A German test for that one!

lazybill

Jul 10, 2016
My cupra and OBD pro package should arrive next week. What would you guys say are the must do modifications first?

Reading through the tread the following seem very popular

Needle sweep (how is this different to default?)
Disable sound aktuator (depending if I like it)
Leds on when auto temp mode so you know what it is doing
Full DRL brightness when you turn your sidelights on

Have i missed any obvious ones? :doh:

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Needle sweep should be standard on cupra. Other mods you may be interested in - mirror fold on lock, rear lights on with drls, alarm chirp on lock/unlock

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I did the changes above after installing cree led reverse bulb. Very bright now and miles better / safer than standard.

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Can you change the front headlights at all? Not a big fan of them but had them checked and they're bang on MOT standards, maybe just not used to them looking pretty but not being as bright as a standard headlight

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
When I'm driving on country roads with just dipped beam on it just seems very average, full beam is wonderful though haha

Deleted member 98136

After reading thro' the translated list of mods that dw911 had posted in post 156, do I understand correctly that its possible to get the drls and/or the rear lights to flash in unison with the indicators ?

If this is the case would the rear lights flashing be legal in this country.

psychobob

Oct 6, 2005
Near Cardiff
Arrived after 7 days :)

So far tried:
1. folding mirrors without holding lock button (working)
2. rear DRLs (working)
3. mode switch red in all modes (working)
4. cornering fogs (working)
5. alarm chirp when locking/unlocking (didn't work using app because doesn't add the tick box to menu on setup - long coding worked)
6. enabled needle sweep (working)

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Omg this post just made me realise the error of my ways, turned chirp on last night but wasn't working but forgot to check the menus!

Has anyone got the ignition warning sound to disable? Couldn't seem to get that going either but I imagine I was doing something wrong, only had 20 minutes to play before I had to go out so I've only got needle sweep and park pilot going for now

psychobob

Oct 6, 2005
Near Cardiff
Next thing I suggest so is:

Park Pilot(if no rear camera)
Tear Drop Wiper
Increasing Intensity of reverse bulb(suggest putting in a cree)
Carbon Look in FIS(the link above suggest there is an affect for the IFS also) but my replacement OBD hasn't arrived yet. :cry:

Already have park pilot (for front and rear) and tear drop wipers - enabled from factory

Just added red leds on door cards in all driving modes using coding

Will give carbon look a go tomorrow :)

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Trying to turn alarm chirp on using the app and it keeps saying failed, am I doing something wrong? Otherwise I love it so far, turned on

Park pilot

Increased reverse intensity(will this increase the chance of the bulb blowing?)

Cornering fogs

Needle sweep

Ignition alarm off(hated that sh*t)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.