Build week for new Cupra 290's

mrvanx

Feb 13, 2014
York
Day 146 for me, hopefully the wait will be over in the next few weeks as mine is at the port :D
Did you grab the seat order number and track the progress yourself? I've just left it to the dealer to keep me up to date........not an enormous amount of info coming my way but it won't speed the process up anyways.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Mickle

May 25, 2016
Did you grab the seat order number and track the progress yourself? I've just left it to the dealer to keep me up to date........not an enormous amount of info coming my way but it won't speed the process up anyways.

I've just been calling up the dealer who has been great, haven't had a peep from CVL in over a month or two.

Ian09

Oct 17, 2016
114 days and still counting here! what colour etc...?

Had my order changed from Alor blue to red which I was a bit gutted about at the time but now it has arrive I don't care haha.

Haven't had much time to drive it to due work commitments, but the short drives I have done I am impressed!:lol:

What are ppls thoughts on breaking in the engine etc, has any1 been thrashing it from day one? Or waiting for the magic 1000 miles on the clock?

Ian09

Oct 17, 2016
To the guys who have been waiting for an age - I would properly pester your dealer/lease company daily. Anytime anything ever got moving was coincidentally on the same days that I had chased up my order! E.g. Chasing up the location of the car once shipped to U.K., Chasing up finance docs to sign, and send back etc.

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016
Had my order changed from Alor blue to red which I was a bit gutted about at the time but now it has arrive I don't care haha.

Haven't had much time to drive it to due work commitments, but the short drives I have done I am impressed!:lol:

What are ppls thoughts on breaking in the engine etc, has any1 been thrashing it from day one? Or waiting for the magic 1000 miles on the clock?

I've always thrashed them from the beginning and never had an issue on any lease car I've had. All about enjoying it for the short time I have it.

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
Always warmed the engine up before blasting it through 2-4 gears but avoid big throttle openings at low revs.

Go by oil temp not water temp

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016
Always warmed the engine up before blasting it through 2-4 gears but avoid big throttle openings at low revs.

Go by oil temp not water temp

I always warm it up first but don't bother with all this breaking in stuff

lazybill

Jul 10, 2016

Would love to see pics of the red mate :D

I ordered mine in Red (intentionally). BW 45 and it is estimated to land at the dealers (Warrington) today. Presume i'll get it delivered early next week :funk:

Smiddy

Sep 19, 2016
Somerset, UK
I was build week 42 and am getting delivery of mine next Friday.
I hope yours is a little quicker though.

Me too :)

Most people seem to get theres about 4 weeks after the build week so for me thats this week. I chased up today but they are saying the dealer wont give any dates until they have the car so at the moment have to go with the original date of 16th Dec.

Fingers crossed its next week, I wasnt that bothered about chasing before but now i have signed the documents and paid money it feels a lot closer :)

BrettS

Jan 14, 2014
Just fetched mine. The white looks great at night. Not had much chance to look around it. Too cold for that lol

strell

Nov 30, 2016
Did you delay delivery? I was build week 42 and got mine on the 18th november.

Nope, seem to just be delay after delay each time I spoke to them. Wasn't until I kicked up a bit of a fuss until the documents suddenly arrived the next day.

Me too :)

Most people seem to get theres about 4 weeks after the build week so for me thats this week. I chased up today but they are saying the dealer wont give any dates until they have the car so at the moment have to go with the original date of 16th Dec.

Fingers crossed its next week, I wasnt that bothered about chasing before but now i have signed the documents and paid money it feels a lot closer :)

Yeah not sure why it took so long really, never got a reason.
Definitely agree that now I have signed the paperwork I can't wait to get it.

Will be a nice early Christmas present

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
I've tried having conversations with SEAT customer service .... and they say I need to go through my lease company..... I don't agree ..... I may be getting it through lease company but it's still SEAT that has let me down and cancelled my order without much of an apology and no reason..... I've asked for my complaint to be raised to higher powers in their customers services ...... we will see
.... don't hold out much hope ..... they don't really seem to care much for customers ..... which is a shame as I love the cars

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

duckson

Apr 8, 2004
Would love to see pics of the red mate :D

I ordered mine in Red (intentionally). BW 45 and it is estimated to land at the dealers (Warrington) today. Presume i'll get it delivered early next week :funk:

Interesting as mine was apparently BW45 but not heard anything as yet about it landing at Warrington (ordered direct via Phil).....need to return a Fiesta ST a few months early so need some time to sort that before the Cupra arrives.

Do Seat give you/your Mrs free insurance for a certain time scale? Might help as the wifes insurance is on the ST for now.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.