2017 Leon!!!

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
Shame they got rid of the 1.8 petrol, I was looking to go back to petrol after nearly 15 years and I'm just not the racing around kind of person so a Cupra seems overkill.

Some decent options though, and they're reasonably priced to.

Doesn't really matter now though as after driving Seats since I learnt to drive I have gone and ordered an Audi A4 S line Petrol 2ltr 190 S Tronic, more expensive obviously but so many toys! Just got to wait until the 1st March now!

xSullx

Jul 16, 2012
Estonia
From the initial brochure I'm a little dissapointed in the wheel designs, nothing quite good looking for my tastes. I was planning on getting a new set to get separate summer and winter wheels.
Oh well, I guess aftermarket wheels it is...

Ashworth

Feb 2, 2010
Nottinghamshire
They must be filling the gap, I can't imagine Seat would be that silly to not add a middle ground BHP car. Maybe they're planning to announce the 1.8 a couple months down the line.

I don't think they will fill the gap. There's no 1.8 available for VW Golf either and hasn't been for a number of years. With the Golf the 1.4 ACT is available on the GT model and then nothing between that aand the 2.0l GTi. The VW Golf is getting the new 1.5 but I don think it's going to be much more powerful than the 1.4 just more fuel efficient and environmentally cleaner.

It was the 1.8 that kept me with Seat. Now seriously comparing the Seat Leon FR and the VW Golf GT Edition when I change my car in the spring.

rambalad

Nov 1, 2013
Merseyside
Good point, I'd hang tight on the facelift until the new engines come out. I wonder if the 1.5 act will have 3 power outputs? One lower and one higher than 150...

EA2111 engine will have 128, 148 and 187bhp outputs plus a 'soft-hybrid' according to press release April this year.

GazGT

Jun 25, 2005
Manchester
Just heard this morning that the car I've spec'd might take 'til April to be delivered! :censored:

Build restrictions on the 1.4 TSI apparently...

FRTSIman

Aug 2, 2013
Maybe I'm making a mistake in my calculations, but there seems to be a big difference in the cost of some of the optional extras for the new facelifted Model Year 2017 UK-spec SEAT Leon between the new online configurator
http://configurator.seat.co.uk/seat-cc/desktop-desktop-006_DEFAULT-en-normal.view?msk=1#carline
and the new SEAT Leon pricelist
http://www.seat.co.uk/content/dam/countries/uk/Download documents/2017/New-Leon-pricelist.pdf

I found that this could make a difference of hundreds of pounds on a fully-spec'd car with most of the optional extras, with the configurator giving a much lower total cost for exactly the same specification!

I also found that the configurator lists difference combinations of optional extras than the pdf pricelist for the same resulting final specification!

Does anyone know which of these two (the configurator or the pdf pricelist) is correct?

I went through a similar exercise on the Audi UK website for the recently facelifted Audi A3, and never encountered any of these problems! I always got identical results using the configurator or the pdf pricelist!

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Maybe I'm making a mistake in my calculations, but there seems to be a big difference in the cost of some of the optional extras for the new facelifted Model Year 2017 UK-spec SEAT Leon between the new online configurator
http://configurator.seat.co.uk/seat-cc/desktop-desktop-006_DEFAULT-en-normal.view?msk=1#carline
and the new SEAT Leon pricelist
http://www.seat.co.uk/content/dam/countries/uk/Download documents/2017/New-Leon-pricelist.pdf

I found that this could make a difference of hundreds of pounds on a fully-spec'd car with most of the optional extras, with the configurator giving a much lower total cost for exactly the same specification!

I also found that the configurator lists difference combinations of optional extras than the pdf pricelist for the same resulting final specification!

Does anyone know which of these two (the configurator or the pdf pricelist) is correct?

I went through a similar exercise on the Audi UK website for the recently facelifted Audi A3, and never encountered any of these problems! I always got identical results using the configurator or the pdf pricelist!

Unfortunately it's always like this with seat - it's been the norm for a while now, always a shambles. It's like certain departments really have trouble communicating and no one seems to realise the obvious issues in print

FRTSIman

Aug 2, 2013
Unfortunately it's always like this with seat - it's been the norm for a while now, always a shambles. It's like certain departments really have trouble communicating and no one seems to realise the obvious issues in print

Yes, like the extremely bizarre and unbelievable emailed response I received from SEAT UK Customer Services, dated 30/11/2016, the day after they had already posted the new brochure, pricelist and new configurator for the facelifted Model Year 2017 SEAT Leon on the SEAT UK website, stating:

"Many thanks for contacting SEAT UK Customer Services regarding the brochure and price lists for the new SEAT Leon.

I can confirm that we currently have not been given a set date as to when the brochures or price lists will become available. At present, we have no current time or date as to when this will be available.

I understand this is not the news you wanted to hear and I apologise for any disappointment caused.

If you wish to discuss this further, please contact me using the details below."

Last edited:

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Just heard this morning that the car I've spec'd might take 'til April to be delivered! :censored:

Build restrictions on the 1.4 TSI apparently...

That will be new car tax rate then £140 if its post 1st April.

FRTSIman

Aug 2, 2013
Yes, like the extremely bizarre and unbelievable emailed response I received from SEAT UK Customer Services, dated 30/11/2016, the day after they had already posted the new brochure, pricelist and new configurator for the facelifted Model Year 2017 SEAT Leon on the SEAT UK website, stating:

"Many thanks for contacting SEAT UK Customer Services regarding the brochure and price lists for the new SEAT Leon.

I can confirm that we currently have not been given a set date as to when the brochures or price lists will become available. At present, we have no current time or date as to when this will be available.

I understand this is not the news you wanted to hear and I apologise for any disappointment caused.

If you wish to discuss this further, please contact me using the details below."

Unfortunately, it is these sort of problems (associated with the second most expensive purchase after a property), which may extremely reluctantly make me go for a new Audi A3 next time, even though the only way to get a 5-door version A3 is to go for the estate-like Sportback, with (in my opinion) zero external style and the front-end of a lorry!! At least Audi provide timely, consistent and accurate information concerning their products!

It seems that we (SEAT owners) have to spend a considerable amount of wasted time trying to second-guess the answers to questions which should be forthcoming if SEAT wish to retain us as potential repeat customers!!

GazGT

Jun 25, 2005
Manchester
Definitely a discrepancy between the cost of the interior upgrades

The list prices on the interior seems to be the cost of the seats, electric seat upgrade and the winter pack. But you can't add the winter pack on the configurator if you've specified the seats.

I've had a quote back from seat and the p11d does match up with the configurator build. I specc'dr;

ST FR 1.4 ecoTSI
Boheme Purple
18" machined alloys
Leather pack
Panoramic roof
Tow bar with spare wheel
Connectivity box
Camera pack and parking sensors
Acc and convenience pack plus

Must admit I've had issues getting seat to play ball. Couldn't get paperwork out of them for my boss to sign, unless the car was ordered first. In the end, we have had to source the car through a 3rd party fleet company

Last edited:

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
I don't think they will fill the gap. There's no 1.8 available for VW Golf either and hasn't been for a number of years. With the Golf the 1.4 ACT is available on the GT model and then nothing between that aand the 2.0l GTi. The VW Golf is getting the new 1.5 but I don think it's going to be much more powerful than the 1.4 just more fuel efficient and environmentally cleaner.

It was the 1.8 that kept me with Seat. Now seriously comparing the Seat Leon FR and the VW Golf GT Edition when I change my car in the spring.

Just browsing the Seat Germany site I see they are still getting the 1.8 in the facelift - probably sold better over there.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise