Build week for new Cupra 290's

ShanksRFC

Oct 13, 2016
I was build week 47. Car has left factory and is awaiting transport to the U.K

Hoping to get the car week before Christmas, fingers crossed.

BrettS

Jan 14, 2014
Bought mine through listers and had to insure mine before I collected and bring in the insurance certificate. Got told the 5 days free cover wasn't on contract hire

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
I was the same through Nationwide although when the guy turned up to deliver the car he didn't check my ID and didn't check my insurance I basically said my name was Ben and he gave me the keys and went on his way, less said about that the better, I think

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016
Anyone who has had their lease car for a bit, did you get a call from seat about activating a Driverline card? What is it and did you do it?

lukeoslavia

Aug 8, 2016
Anyone who has had their lease car for a bit, did you get a call from seat about activating a Driverline card? What is it and did you do it?

i got the letter and had to call them, it's for your break down and accident repair, covers you free for the period of your lease, decent to have, they just go over a few of your details with you and take a number and email, and you get sent a key tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016
i got the letter and had to call them, it's for your break down and accident repair, covers you free for the period of your lease, decent to have, they just go over a few of your details with you and take a number and email, and you get sent a key tag.

Nice one thanks for the reply. Will call them now.

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016
Just called them she told me my car will not require a service on the my mileage allowance. Seems like everyone has a different answer

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
I guess it's the lease companies discretion or something, my in car menu says 20,000 miles but lease company have said I need 2 services in the 2 years I have it(15000 p/a)

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016
I guess it's the lease companies discretion or something, my in car menu says 20,000 miles but lease company have said I need 2 services in the 2 years I have it(15000 p/a)

Its not the lease company that tell you it is the finance company as they own the car. The lease company just source it. The contract is with VW finance.

but yeah you may require 2 on that mileage allowance

Last edited:

ganticus

May 5, 2014
Finally....ordered 5dr in monsoon grey 10th August (originally ordered standard Cupra in black but we know what happened then). Car in the country, methinks at Leicester Seat. B4C say Seat want £360 for trailer delivery to Hertfordshire on a working week!!!!

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016

Did you also sign up for the ensurance cover?

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016
Finally....ordered 5dr in monsoon grey 10th August (originally ordered standard Cupra in black but we know what happened then). Car in the country, methinks at Leicester Seat. B4C say Seat want £360 for trailer delivery to Hertfordshire on a working week!!!!

Why not get them to drive it to you? They had a plastic seat cover and paper in the footwell too keep it clean, car was fine.

lukeoslavia

Aug 8, 2016
Did you also sign up for the ensurance cover?

yeah i think she done it all over the phone for me buddy, because she told me they should be the first people i talk to if i were to have an accident, then they said they'd sort it all out with my insurance company rather than me ringing them to claim.

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016
yeah i think she done it all over the phone for me buddy, because she told me they should be the first people i talk to if i were to have an accident, then they said they'd sort it all out with my insurance company rather than me ringing them to claim.

Yeah ill add that on then, I like to do as little as possible haha

ganticus

May 5, 2014
Why not get them to drive it to you? They had a plastic seat cover and paper in the footwell too keep it clean, car was fine.

Yeah I know its free driver delivery, but 100 miles or so on the clock before I receive it.....doesn't feel right to me. I've been obsessed with the MK3 since it came out and finally its here, I don't want some brute hurting her! Besides, online car transporters quoting less than half that price. Asked B4C if there are other options. I can get up to Leicester no probs.

belfastone

Sep 15, 2016
Belfast
Just got an update!.. Build week 46, and told its on its way from Liverpool.. should be in Belfast Monday, so delivery some stage next week!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise