Pricing of used cars with official Seat body kits/twin exhaust upgrade

b8er1234

Aug 29, 2012
Kent
Interesting to see some cars with the official SEAT bodykit asking for much more money despite having around 20k more miles on the clock.

Examples I have seen are as follows:

MK3 FR TSI
Miles: around 15k
Tech pack
Official bodykit: no
cost: £11,500

MK3 FR TSI
Miles: around 35k
Tech pack
Official bodykit: yes
cost: £13,000

Both share the same features but would you expect to pay more on a used car with a body kit and more miles?

Mickle

May 25, 2016
They are fairly rare, probably not worthy of the above premium, though you don't know the condition of each of the cars either. It was/is an expensive upgrade though, so it's not too surprising.

I'll be selling mine with the kit and ~20k miles in the next few weeks when the leased cupra arrives.

b8er1234

Aug 29, 2012
Kent
They are fairly rare, probably not worthy of the above premium, though you don't know the condition of each of the cars either. It was/is an expensive upgrade though, so it's not too surprising.

I'll be selling mine with the kit and ~20k miles in the next few weeks when the leased cupra arrives.

Thanks.

Could you message me the details on yours please? Hoping in the next few weeks to get a new car (dependant on a current situation etc)

toplad

Jan 25, 2015

agreed not worth the premium, save the dosh and do your own mods!

ukoldschool

Apr 12, 2012
I don't think its worth paying anything extra for second hand personally... IMO the skirts are good, but the front bumper looks worse than the standard FR, and the rear bumper is just revolting (looks like a focus).

Last edited:

Mickle

May 25, 2016
I don't think its worth paying anything extra for second hand personally... IMO the skirts are good, but the front bumper looks worse than the standard FR, and the rear bumper is just revolting (looks like a focus).

Most of them don't have the front bumper, I believe there were two separate options, the "kit" or "pack", with the pack containing the additional front bumper.

Completely disagree on the rear, I'd much rather the spoiler, painted bumper & diffuser that than the wedge of plastic normally there.

ukoldschool

Apr 12, 2012
To be fair you would disagree ;) its almost a dead ringer for the rear bumper on an old ST focus

The cupra rear end is much nicer IMO, and you can get a similar look on an FR with a hatch spoiler and Rieger rear diffuser (they do one for either single exit or twin exit options). The Rear also looks a lot better of you paint the black plastic insert

Life is all about opinions :)

Last edited:

dsj20v

Dec 6, 2007
hampshire
It's an expensive option adding full kit, we've probably only done 3 kits but quite a fair few sideskirts but even they are around £400, we did do a full kit in nevada white and gloss black and it looked stunning

pmmcbl

May 13, 2016
Options of any kind are difficult to price since one option may not appeal 99% of the population but the other 1% would pay a premium.

Options sometimes dont add value to the car but makes it easier to shift. Others are a must to be able to shift it. On Leon's you would be crazy to but one without the tech pack. Most want it for the looks.

The titanium pack adds zero to the value of the car but helps to shift it over standard cars.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.