car destroyed, would you fix?

ozaudio

Aug 24, 2012
north west
after some bender caused an accident its wrecked my car, its only a 51 plate but ive spent so much over the last 4 years on keeping it well serviced. I went and bought a cheap 1.6 zetec focus the next day and its made me depressed even just driving it! I want my cupra back, the insurance company will write it off for sure but as to weather they let me buy it back I don't know? if im honest I think £150 from a breakers near me + getting parts sprayed is all itll cost.

example I can get

bumper £20
bonnet £20
rad £15
air con unit £15
lights £20
battery £10

only problem is the air bags went off, now I can get a sterring wheel air bag no problem but what about the passenger side? just whip a new dash from a breakers and swap it over?

im feeling that bad that the money ive been saving for a house deposit I swore I wouldn't touch, im wanting to go buy a a 1m cupra r right now.

Last edited:

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
What car is it exactly, what was its condition and mileage?
Was it standard throughout?
These are all big factors into whether it's worth the time, effort and money of repairing a crash damaged vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
That is bad news mate. I would be devastated if that happened to my car (Mk1 Cupra). I had to drive a ford zetec as a courtesy car. It was depressing, like a milk float. I'd challenge your insurance company and insist you want it fixed or have quotes done of your own. If it all fails, get another Cupra. Once bitten, no going back!

Good luck, hope it works out for you. :(

watdaluck

Sep 3, 2015
Wiltshire
Oh yeah sorry,, What actually happened is a young (but not to young) girl saw a hot driver (me :rofl: ) in a hot car (as pictured in my profile :D ) and threw herself on the bonnet begging for a 'ride'!
girl-and-seat-cupra-wallpaper-3.jpg
moments before she attacked my car not a 77 y/o man trying to race me across the road by foot. needless to say I won! 10 points to me... :wtf:

Last edited:

GS16LRHP

Feb 17, 2014
Oh yeah sorry,, What actually happened is a young (but not to young) girl saw a hot driver (me :rofl: ) in a hot car (as pictured in my profile :D ) and threw herself on the bonnet begging for a 'ride'!
moments before she attacked my car not a 77 y/o man trying to race me across the road by foot. needless to say I won! 10 points to me... :wtf:

Nah, she ran out of toilet paper :funk:

andycupra

status subject to change
personally, the cost will be far approaching the cost of buying another once you factor in all the parts, spraying, air bags, and hassle.
then the car will be recorded as a write off also.. really depends how important or valuable your time is to do all this work.
not to mention the cost of buying it.

is your car a particularly special one? mileage? and so on or can you get another that would he similar?

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset

Now that sounds more like it!! Being begged for a ride...in, on, against, over, that's all good times :)
:D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.