Boot pop button

dMack14

Nov 26, 2016
West Lothian, Scotland
Picked up my Mk2 yesterday and the boot release button on the key doesn't seem to do anything. Does this need programmed with VCDS to pop the boot open?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Jfox

Nov 8, 2012
As far as i'm aware they dont pop the boot only unlock it.

Please someone correct me if im wrong!

GS16LRHP

Feb 17, 2014
My car doesn't have any boot open operation, it works just like the doors, double press the door open button on the key fob then manually open the door/boot.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Interesting, never seen that before .... but I'm sure that the gas struts have to be replaced with more powerful one's to open the boot.

yes , you do. Standard will not lift the boot enough. Press on key fob normally just opens latch and releases boot to first latch. I'm sure there are further mods required too. Do a search, it has been covered on here.
Here is one : http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=345412

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
Done this mod and removed, you need both hands to force the bloody thing shut and the wife couldn't do it at all,
It would only end up causing damage to the hatch aswell, as it bounced at the top of its travel.

The kit I had included the scirroco bump stops things aswell.

CRNeo

Feb 5, 2016
Liverpool
Yeah pretty sure someone sheared off their boot mountings doing the mod... I was all up for it but decided it really wasn't worth it in the end, the pop is pretty harsh with the mod.

I will however be replacing my struts anyway coz they are shot and the boot doesn't go up at all hardly at the moment!

dMack14

Nov 26, 2016
West Lothian, Scotland
Yeah mate it was myself that commented on your RR thread interested in it, but i picked mine up and pressed the boot button and it didn't pop open, i might just leave that as to be honest, i don't think i'd use it very often haha. Still after your bonnet strut kit though!

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Yeah mate it was myself that commented on your RR thread interested in it, but i picked mine up and pressed the boot button and it didn't pop open, i might just leave that as to be honest, i don't think i'd use it very often haha. Still after your bonnet strut kit though!

It has to be coded in via VCDS to enable to pop mod.

Good chance the cold weather will hinder the hatch actually popping up

Yeah it doesnt work too well in winter.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise