Build week for new Cupra 290's

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015
You will need to service the car twice. Do the first one 2 weeks late (1 month grace period) then hand the car back a week or two early. You will not need to do the second service.

BrettS

Jan 14, 2014

Picked up my run out of other colours white.
Loving the interior lighting. Glad I have gone manual, but not pops or bangs. 0nly done 20 mile in though

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016

Loving the interior lighting. Glad I have gone manual, but not pops or bangs. 0nly done 20 mile in though

Looking good, I'm regretting manual and wish I had dsg. That valve on the clutch annoys the hell out of me on fast gear changes.

BrettS

Jan 14, 2014
I had dsg on my 170 fr, I thought I was going to miss it but it's nice to change gear. Thought it was a easy fix to sort the clutch out?

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016
I had dsg on my 170 fr, I thought I was going to miss it but it's nice to change gear. Thought it was a easy fix to sort the clutch out?

Yeah its not too difficult, but still a bit of messing about for a car that's not mine

CUPRAB

Sep 24, 2016
Feel your pain.
I also wanted Dynamic and they swapped to Monsoon.
Still waiting to see if they will throw in side skirts!!
Seen a few standard cars in Monsoon and they just blend in.... hope the Cupra makes the difference. On a sunny day the colour seems to comes to life, but in grim weather just a tad bland.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Springrollz

Jul 22, 2016
London
Looking good, I'm regretting manual and wish I had dsg. That valve on the clutch annoys the hell out of me on fast gear changes.
Tell me about it! When I first saw the removal of the clutch delay thread I thought it wouldn't be worth the hassle. Now I've driven the car hard, it feels like an eternity before it re-engages and I have to tell my passengers it's the clutch delay valve and not my shitty shifting :

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

CupraLady66

Dec 2, 2016
I haven't seen one on the road yet - sounds like there have been plenty ordered, guess just not near me.

mrvanx

Feb 13, 2014
York
LOL turns out I missed the email update I got on the 28th November......cupra is on the way to UK! Woohoo!

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Stubaloo

Oct 15, 2016
Feel your pain.
I also wanted Dynamic and they swapped to Monsoon.
Still waiting to see if they will throw in side skirts!!
Seen a few standard cars in Monsoon and they just blend in.... hope the Cupra makes the difference. On a sunny day the colour seems to comes to life, but in grim weather just a tad bland.

Also reverse to yo I ordered a monsoon grey as I didn't want to be noticed to much
And on delivery the monsoon was damaged so they offered me dynamic so wasn't prepared
To wait no longer so excepted I also have side skirts which finish the look of the car in my eyes
End result Happy with the car and colour .

CUPRAB

Sep 24, 2016
Result then!! Hope it works out for me too.
Did you go manual also? Seems everyone hates the delay valve.....

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015

Looks great.

Other users have reported after 1,000 miles, when the exhaust is coked up, the pops start.

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
The pops start once you have a few hundred miles on it. They are drowned out easily by road noise. The louder pops are when you change gear or lift the gas above 4k with the engine boosting nicely just before you change gear.

lazybill

Jul 10, 2016
I'll be taking delivery of my car on Weds this week. Here is the timeline for those still waiting..

BW45 Week commencing 7th November

Finance Documents received Monday 21st Nov

Signed and sent back Weds 23rd Nov

Finance docs accepted Friday 25th Nov

Car arrived at dealership Weds 30th Nov

Car due to be delivered to me Weds 7th December (If i was collecting it from Warrington I suspect it would have been available to collect 2/3 days after it arrived at the dealership.)

In total car was ordered on the 4th August and will be delivered on the 7th December giving a total of 18 weeks :shrug: It better be worth the wait :lol:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.