OBDeleven modifications

Deleted member 98136

Anyone else had a problem when using OBDeleven for the first time and when attempting to activate the free credits a message appears and says its failed due to an invalid code entered ?

How can you directly email them when there doesn't appear to a contact email address, the only way I can see of contacting them is thro' their forum, where I note another member has had the same issue.

leonisis

Quick enough for me....
Mar 21, 2016
Bangor NI
Has anyone had ant issues with the traffic sign recognition when using this ?
Mine says " Traffic sign recognition restricted " every time but then disappears but it works fine after that. Have i missed something in the coding ?
I also cant get the carbon background in the infotainment to work at all. The FIS one worked fine.
When i change it to skin 3 the unit sits on the Seat easy connect screen and none of the buttons or steering wheel controls work either.
The setting to fix it is listed as "Text reserved"
Any ideas ?

psychobob

Oct 6, 2005
Near Cardiff
To get the infotainment carbon, I pressed and held the power button in for about 20 seconds. The screen will go off and then the FR Easy connect screen will be shown (my speakers also made a pop sound at this point). I kept the power button pressed until the screen returned to the radio (or which ever screen you had on before the adaption)

Last edited:

leonisis

Quick enough for me....
Mar 21, 2016
Bangor NI
Cheers for that...I'll give it a go in the morning. I was just holding it until it went off with the pop and letting go. Maybe that'll do the trick.

leonisis

Quick enough for me....
Mar 21, 2016
Bangor NI
Success at last ....got the carbon infotainment background but...intrestingly enough mine worked with skin 2 not 3. Never mind as long as it worked.
Thanks for the advice ;)

Reactions: Arron

Glarh

Apr 6, 2016
Can you activities mirror link or smart link with obdeleven.? Also where do I purchase it?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Can you activities mirror link or smart link with obdeleven.? Also where do I purchase it?

I don't believe so, you need software loading into the car to enable that, usually can only be done through the dealer and is rather pricey from what I've read round here

Glarh

Apr 6, 2016
I don't believe so, you need software loading into the car to enable that, usually can only be done through the dealer and is rather pricey from what I've read round here
Okay cheers dude. Also where do I buy odbeleven and do i need pro or normal to do things like alarm Chirp etc?

leonisis

Quick enough for me....
Mar 21, 2016
Bangor NI
Obdeleven.com or just Google it. Pro version comes with 200 credits for use with the predetermined one touch apps as well at the moment ...

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Okay cheers dude. Also where do I buy odbeleven and do i need pro or normal to do things like alarm Chirp etc?

Purchase from here: https://obdeleven.com and yes you need the pro version to do any coding and use any applications, standard version is purely diagnostics.

Their offer on currently is very good value for money in my opinion as it includes 200 credits to use on applications that would otherwise cost extra (roughly £20 for 200 credits). (I'm in no way affiliated with obdeleven I personally got this offer and love the device and for £45 it's worth it in my eyes)

Note that you do need a relatively up to date Bluetooth enabled android device running android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or newer.

Glarh

Apr 6, 2016
Purchase from here: https://obdeleven.com and yes you need the pro version to do any coding and use any applications, standard version is purely diagnostics.

Their offer on currently is very good value for money in my opinion as it includes 200 credits to use on applications that would otherwise cost extra (roughly £20 for 200 credits). (I'm in no way affiliated with obdeleven I personally got this offer and love the device and for £45 it's worth it in my eyes)

Note that you do need a relatively up to date Bluetooth enabled android device running android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or newer.
That's great. Will android marshmallow be okay? Does sound great value

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
That's great. Will android marshmallow be okay? Does sound great value

That's android 6 right? I'm an apple man so not so familiar with android and their quirky named OS but I'd say it should be fine yeah,

I was using 5.1 and that worked. I got a new tablet the other day loaded with android 6 so

I'll try it when I get home to double check but I'd be fairly confident that obdeleven have just uploaded their app at 4.1 stage and probably not updated since.

Glarh

Apr 6, 2016
That's android 6 right? I'm an apple man so not so familiar with android and their quirky named OS but I'd say it should be fine yeah,

I was using 5.1 and that worked. I got a new tablet the other day loaded with android 6 so

I'll try it when I get home to double check but I'd be fairly confident that obdeleven have just uploaded their app at 4.1 stage and probably not updated since.
Yeah mate android indeed. I'm going to purchase one then. Not even got a leon yet. But it's good to ahve ready especially at that Stella price. Cheers for your help

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Yeah mate android indeed. I'm going to purchase one then. Not even got a leon yet. But it's good to ahve ready especially at that Stella price. Cheers for your help

Yeah there's a lot of features I've added that weren't standard before and having the diagnostics bypasses messing around with dealers trying to find out the issue when you can tell them yourself, in my 2016(66) Leon FR Titanium I've done:

Reverse light intensity- a million and 1 threads about how bad the reverse light is

Cornering fog lights-helpful for parking in the dark and kinda cool looking

One click folding mirror-rather than holding the button

Needle sweep-I think it looks cool

Park pilot-not standard with tech pack

Ignition alarm off-really f*ing annoying

Lots to play around with so I'd definitely say go for it mate :)

Glarh

Apr 6, 2016
Yeah there's a lot of features I've added that weren't standard before and having the diagnostics bypasses messing around with dealers trying to find out the issue when you can tell them yourself, in my 2016(66) Leon FR Titanium I've done:

Reverse light intensity- a million and 1 threads about how bad the reverse light is

Cornering fog lights-helpful for parking in the dark and kinda cool looking

One click folding mirror-rather than holding the button

Needle sweep-I think it looks cool

Park pilot-not standard with tech pack

Ignition alarm off-really f*ing annoying

Lots to play around with so I'd definitely say go for it mate :)
Sounds good man. Just payed my 45.08. Hopefully be here before crimbo...now to find myself a car is the next task lol...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members