Build week for new Cupra 290's

ganticus

May 5, 2014
I'll be taking delivery of my car on Weds this week. Here is the timeline for those still waiting..

BW45 Week commencing 7th November

Finance Documents received Monday 21st Nov

Signed and sent back Weds 23rd Nov

Finance docs accepted Friday 25th Nov

Car arrived at dealership Weds 30th Nov

Car due to be delivered to me Weds 7th December (If i was collecting it from Warrington I suspect it would have been available to collect 2/3 days after it arrived at the dealership.)

In total car was ordered on the 4th August and will be delivered on the 7th December giving a total of 18 weeks :shrug: It better be worth the wait :lol:

Very similar. Ordered 10th August. Getting it trailered to me on the 14th December.

Last edited:

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015
Had an update - said its built, got a reg number and due at the dealers immanently :D

I really hope mine is the same sort of time line. BW 47. Bit annoyed I got pushed from BW 45 to 47. Got a meeting for work next week at a country club up many twisty roads, was really hoping to have the car by then to give it a good run. I'm just hoping for before Christmas now!

Last edited:

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
Also reverse to yo I ordered a monsoon grey as I didn't want to be noticed to much
And on delivery the monsoon was damaged so they offered me dynamic so wasn't prepared
To wait no longer so excepted I also have side skirts which finish the look of the car in my eyes
End result Happy with the car and colour .

Hope that wasn't a 3dr from lookers stockport and you put off your scheduled delivery from end October to December.

Smiddy

Sep 19, 2016
Somerset, UK
I'll be taking delivery of my car on Weds this week. Here is the timeline for those still waiting..

BW45 Week commencing 7th November

Finance Documents received Monday 21st Nov

Signed and sent back Weds 23rd Nov

Finance docs accepted Friday 25th Nov

Car arrived at dealership Weds 30th Nov

Car due to be delivered to me Weds 7th December (If i was collecting it from Warrington I suspect it would have been available to collect 2/3 days after it arrived at the dealership.)

In total car was ordered on the 4th August and will be delivered on the 7th December giving a total of 18 weeks :shrug: It better be worth the wait :lol:

Hey Bill,

If you check your new reg on DVLA does it know the car yet? just wondering how soon after they register and tax it that it comes up.

I was build week 44 and the lease company say the dealer is claiming they still dont have the car yet. I have the reg but the DVLA check doesnt know it.

I have asked them to chase it up because i would of thought they have the car by now, i know some other week 44 guys that already collected theirs a week ago.

I just want my car :banghead2

belfastone

Sep 15, 2016
Belfast
Build week46 and received my car today, only to be told there is no matts or card for the satnav?!
Anyone else not receive car matts.. now I've to purchase?

Smiddy

Sep 19, 2016
Somerset, UK
Build week46 and received my car today, only to be told there is no matts or card for the satnav?!
Anyone else not receive car matts.. now I've to purchase?

I did see a post where someone else didnt get their mats, they said SEAT was sending them out though. I certainly wouldnt buy any

belfastone

Sep 15, 2016
Belfast
I did see a post where someone else didnt get their mats, they said SEAT was sending them out though. I certainly wouldnt buy any

Just checked with Seat new matts £80 also missing a card for sat NAV, £100
Apparently it's common while they are on the boat ride, someone steals them! I've emailed the company I'm leasing the car from, hopefully he sorts them both

lazybill

Jul 10, 2016
It has finally arrived! I can confirm it does show on the DVLA database registered today and it never came with car mats. SD card must be in because the sat nav seems to work. I'll chase my lease company about the lack of mats, had to take the generic ones out of my returning Ford Focus as a stop gap :lol:

Enough chat, here are some pics

belfastone

Sep 15, 2016
Belfast
It has finally arrived! I can confirm it does show on the DVLA database registered today and it never came with car mats. SD card must be in because the sat nav seems to work. I'll chase my lease company about the lack of mats, had to take the generic ones out of my returning Ford Focus as a stop gap :lol:

Very nice buddy, enjoy!

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016

Very nice, lack of mats is a joke. All my wheel nut covers were in a bag in the glove box and I still had plastic all over the interior. All seem like a rush job

belfastone

Sep 15, 2016
Belfast
I don't see any locknutts, agree.. the delivery guy (and me) have mud all over the carpet, I know I sound petty but I got it delivered to my office and there is work going on at the moment.. ahh well, new ones ordered from the stealers @£80, collection tomorrow.
I do like it though, connectivity with Bluetooth play is excellent. Didn't get that in my M3!

Smiddy

Sep 19, 2016
Somerset, UK
Very nice Bill :)

I assume they are meant to come with Cupra Mats? never actually checked :)

Thanks for checking the DVLA site, that does suggests it might be true they dont actually have my car at the dealers yet :/

Hogey

Jul 6, 2016
Lots of other people had them included. My FR came with them so surely the top model should too!

ShanksRFC

Oct 13, 2016
I checked last Thursday with the leasing company and they said car was waiting for the next ship. Got an email there saying it is still waiting? How often are the ships?

I was build week 47 and have seen some cars already landed in the U.K

Jedi123321

Nov 3, 2016
I checked last Thursday with the leasing company and they said car was waiting for the next ship. Got an email there saying it is still waiting? How often are the ships?

I was build week 47 and have seen some cars already landed in the U.K

Not sure how often the boats are but I was build week 47 and told the boat was due to dock today.

ShanksRFC

Oct 13, 2016
Its becoming very frustrating and was hoping everything would go to plan after the colour change. Was praying for delivery before Christmas.

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
I don't see any locknutts, agree.. the delivery guy (and me) have mud all over the carpet, I know I sound petty but I got it delivered to my office and there is work going on at the moment.. ahh well, new ones ordered from the stealers @£80, collection tomorrow.

I do like it though, connectivity with Bluetooth play is excellent. Didn't get that in my M3!

My locknuts were in the boot under the false floor with the wheel inflating kit, I was told I wouldn't get mats with my FR so bought some off Amazon and then my car turned up with mats :D so now I have a spare set I guess

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members