Cupra 300

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
Eh. Cost of 2yr 10k miles lease is £5867 for me. What's the depreciation over 2yrs on a cupra. Let alone the cost to buy whether it's on tick or tying up £30k.

Finance would be say 10k down £400 a month for 2yrs then either give car back or pay balloon of £10know for a car now worth 20k

How is this cheaper.
All true and now there will be three different variants of the Cupra ST I wished I leased my 280. However I did get just over £5k off the rrp so it worked out about the same as leasing.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
Eh. Cost of 2yr 10k miles lease is £5867 for me. What's the depreciation over 2yrs on a cupra. Let alone the cost to buy whether it's on tick or tying up £30k.

Finance would be say 10k down £400 a month for 2yrs then either give car back or pay balloon of £10know for a car now worth 20k

How is this cheaper.

Ermm, you've just valued a 2yr old Cupra at 18k for a private sale, so at least £16k tops with only 20k on the clock and with of course no damage.

For me I'll keep buying outright, and if I can't afford it, I can't have it..

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
Awd drive isn't all what's its cracked up to be espesh when the cupra has been built to be one of the best fwd handling track cars to date.

Whilst I agree, unless of course you need extremely fast cornering speed fun (of which you need to be somewhat quick to correct when it goes wrong), unless you've experienced all wheel drive you need to to appreciate it's ability on and off road.

For me, never again the fun factor is just to fast, however, AWD if fast of the line in slippery conditions, if thats fun..

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
Whilst I agree, unless of course you need extremely fast cornering speed fun (of which you need to be somewhat quick to correct when it goes wrong), unless you've experienced all wheel drive you need to to appreciate it's ability on and off road.

For me, never again the fun factor is just to fast, however, AWD if fast of the line in slippery conditions, if thats fun..

I've driven a few in my time, I do understand the fun don't get me wrong but I've really enjoyed the cupra on track days, its nose pitches in so tight when left foot braking with the foot on the accelerator in a corner, reminds me of a stripped down track RS mk1

The power to weight ratio is gonna be thrown out, I mean look at the S3 which shares a similar chassis, great for speed but terrible for everything else.

Golf R's against stock cupra manual v manual loose in a straight line same for DSG v DSG, and lap times with the same driver on the same track are slower.

Until they make them 350-400 bhp I'd stay away from them, and wait for them to design a car from bottom up with awd in mind.

Currently stage 1 Revo, in the books to stage 2 with turbo decat exhaust & remap for the new year, I guarantee on a track day if my cupras on stock sps setting and so is a golf R stock it corners quicker and off the mark is quicker

Drive a R's mk1 compared to the mk2 mk3 awd and you'll see what I mean by pinching in

Worth noting my Pirelli k1s last about 5 months on the front though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
Ermm, you've just valued a 2yr old Cupra at 18k for a private sale, so at least £16k tops with only 20k on the clock and with of course no damage.

For me I'll keep buying outright, and if I can't afford it, I can't have it..

Plenty of 2015 cupras at 20k with 11000 - 20000 miles at dealers so guess private sale/px will be 16-18k. So if you didn't get a massive discount you will have 10k depreciation over 2 years.

Buying works for some but I'll lease and be happy with the money I save.

toplad

Jan 25, 2015
Plenty of 2015 cupras at 20k with 11000 - 20000 miles at dealers so guess private sale/px will be 16-18k. So if you didn't get a massive discount you will have 10k depreciation over 2 years.

Buying works for some but I'll lease and be happy with the money I save.
you are right ... BUT when you look at the used prices for a 2 year old car. it puts you off leasing.

(im currently in a lease)

mrratty

Aug 10, 2016
you are right ... BUT when you look at the used prices for a 2 year old car. it puts you off leasing.

(im currently in a lease)

But in 2 years time we already know the market will be flooded with cupra 290s so deals should be easy to come by.

dsj20v

Dec 6, 2007
hampshire
Jumping the gun a tad, I work within seat group and there isn't a lot of information available yet, no ordering codes etc which in turn means no spec/colours etc been told should be january

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Jumping the gun a tad, I work within seat group and there isn't a lot of information available yet, no ordering codes etc which in turn means no spec/colours etc been told should be january

Yeah I thought it was a bit premature too. Although some articles talk about Cupra being available to order now. Perrys.co.uk definitely jumped the gun - they had prices up for 300 4drive before facelift details were released never mind cupra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
Seat Oxford, through carwow, has just offered me a 300 ST AWD in monsoon grey for £32548 cash (4% discount) or £30548 finance (10% discount).

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
Best offer I got was £28108 with finance. That's about 18% off RRP ....pretty good discount and not much more than I paid for my ST last year which is a manual.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members